Thread: When Nokia N900 will be in market with Linux

When Nokia N900 will be in market with Linux

I am looking for purchasing hand held devices like Smartphone and PDAs; I am using Nokia from quite some time. So I was really looking for device from Nokia and came across such device from Nokia i.e. Nokia N900 and thinking of having it but thing that I want to have is that I want to have Linux OS in it. As I have already used different Linux version in my computer so it will be better for me if I get Linux OS in my device. But I don’t know when this phone is going to come in market because I have gone through some of the review and they have something negative to say about the device, so please provide me with accurate details about it to clear my mind.

Re: When Nokia N900 will be in market with Linux

Nokia N900 is a great phone to have it provide with PC-like practice on a handset-sized gadget with Linux-based Maemo software. It provides you with many applications which you can use with normal cellular features that are provided like touch screen and QWERTY keyboard. It has got many applications with Linux software, Mozilla-based browser equipment and currently also comes with mobile connectivity using WLAN and wifi; it distributes a commanding mobile experience. I think you should go for this phone as it provides you with Linux OS which you are really looking for.

You can have Nokia N900 as your choice of phone; this is a Linux-based that runs on an ARM Cortex-A8 processor. It maintain multi-tasking very well with 1GB of application memory and OpenGL ES 2.0 for graphic development. Other than this it contain a 32 GB memory space that can be extended to further 16GB through a microSD card slot. It provide with great Internet access using wifi or WLAN connectivity also have Instant Messenger and a very nice QWERTY. It works on the Maemo 5 platform that works really quick mobile phones. I think there should be no other phone which will provide you with such great features with Linux as OS which you want to have in your device.

Me too using Nokia N900 and let me tell you that this device comes with great quality that you expect from Nokia and that you want to have in your hand held device like Smartphone or PDA. It has got nice display with great size and touch sensitive with QWERTY keypad and above all it has Linux as the OS with no UI on top of it which entirely conceals that fact. It provide you with the processor which can handle multiple task i.e. can perform multitasking but one thing that it lacks it the battery life, it provide with less backup but think this can be neglected because it provide with great features. So think you can get it for yourself to experience full PC-link environment in your Nokia N900.