Thread: Can I install Linux on Nokia 6120?

Can I install Linux on Nokia 6120?

I am having Nokia 6120 mobile phone for all my amusements and work. Recently I have read an article about Linux operating system. This article is all about Linux operating system and Linux operating system on mobile phones. But I have not seen anything like this around me. So I wanted to know that, can I get Linux on my mobile phone. If yes, then tell me how to get it on my mobile phone. If anyone having information and suggestions on this then please reply me.

Re: Can I install Linux on Nokia 6120?

I think you can operate your Nokia 6120 mobile phone with Linux operating system, but I cannot surely tell you that it will support to Linux operating system as same as symbian. To run Linux on your mobile phone, you have to bypass your symbian operating system completely for installing Linux operating system. Most of the Nokia mobile phones are having Symbian operating systems and I think all those mobile phones are works fine. I hope this information may help you.

As per my experience, I advice you to not install this operating system on your mobile phone. I am a Nokia mobile user from past few months and for upgrading purposed I installed Linux operating system on my mobile phone, but I think from that onward my mobile phone is started to get freeze while operating any particular application. When I was on symbian operating system then it was working well and there was not a single issues with it. I think that Linux is not for Nokia 6120.

I am not agreeing to above reply, because I am experiencing good performance while running my Nokia 6310 on Linux operating systems from last two months. I am have read an article about the "Linux Mobile (Cellular) Phone Survey: Nokia" and from that I installed Linux operating system on my mobile phone by uninstalling symbian OS. It is performing well even faster than the symbian operating system. I think that you should install this operating system to your mobile phone.
    Last edited by Carlos16; 16-11-2010 at 07:32 PM.

I have gone through your question and I have found that you can get this operating system on your mobile phone and for that you have to visit with your mobile support system. They are having pretty much knowledge on this and then can help you to solve your query. I advise you to contact with Nokia support system on this and I am sure Nokia support team will help you to solve this issue. If you are having any other queries then reply me.