Thread: Backup system install flash drive in macbook air

Backup system install flash drive in macbook air

I am using macbook air at my home. I am using it from the last 6 months and it is working fine. But now i am looking to backup my system install flash drive in macbook air. The problem is that i do not know how to do this. Does anyone has any kind of solution regarding this topic. Please do try to help me out and also try to post you reply as early as you can, because i am looking to do this as early as possible? Please help. Thanks.

Re: Backup system install flash drive in macbook air

Even i am looking for doing the same thing on my macbook air. I am looking for a solution from the last 5 days and till now have not succeeded in getting it. So can anyone provide me some solution for doing this backup? I will be eagerly waiting for your reply, so please help me out. Thanks.

I have a solution for doing this backup. For that first you have to arrange a 8GB usb stick and format to create a boot disk. Connect the usb driver to your mac system and mount the file macosx.dmg. For mounting you will need Onyx or the other way is to use Terminal. Try to clone the mounted drive inside the usb stick. There are some ready made tools called as Carbon Copy Cloner. After cloning unmount the device to check stability.

I will suggest you to make the use of the CopyCatX for doing that, because i have used it from last 6 to 7 months, on my system for doing the same thing and it had worked well. So you also try to go for the same thing and do remember to reply me back, if you get any success regarding this issue. Hope have helped you.
    Last edited by CACTUS101; 16-11-2010 at 08:21 PM.

I am also looking to do the same thing in my macbook. I have tried to implement the above solution which is given by Terrextre, but the problem is that i am not able to backup the system install flash drive. I have also tried solution suggested by CACTUS101, but even it is not helping me. Sp please try to provide me some different solution. Thanks