Thread: MacBook Air boots slow after upgrading to10.6.5

MacBook Air boots slow after upgrading to10.6.5

I am using macbook air and i have recently upgraded it to10.6.5 with the help of software update. As I installed this update I started getting the problem on my machine. The problem is that my machine is now booting slow. Before my system was taking 12 to 14 sec to boot and after the software up gradation it is now taking 25 to 30 sec. I want to solve this problem as early as possible so I need you help on this issue. Is there anyone who is also facing the same problem? Please do try to help me out. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: MacBook Air boots slow after upgrading to10.6.5

For solving this slow boot up problem i will like to suggest you to restart the system several times and note that everything it should return to normal. Then try to see if there is any difference in the problem. I hope that it will solve your problem, because even I have tried this solution as I was also having the same problem before few months and it has solved my issue. The boot time of my machine was back to the normal. So try it out.

I have couple of solution for this problem. So first I will recommend you to do a reset of the PRAM. If this solution does not solve the problem then I will recommend you to go through the following steps. First you have to make sure that macbook doesn’t require searching for the startup disk. So you will require going to system preferences in the apple menu on your macbook air. Then select the Startup Disk, in that try to choose your hard drive as the default. Once you have done that now try to restart the system and I hope that your problem will get solved out this time.

I have tried to go through you post and I founded that you have mentioned there to perform a reset of the PRAM. But the problem with me is that I do not know the method to do this reset. So can you help me again by giving the method for doing the reset of the PRAM. I have tried you second solution of choosing the hard drive by going to the Startup Disk and it is not making any difference to my problem. Please try to help me out. I will also like to thank you for your above post.

For resetting the PRAM you will have to go through the following steps. First I will suggest you to go to the apple menu on your macbook air. In that you will need to select the Shut Down option from the drop down menu. When the macbook completely turns off, now try to press the power button on your macbook for turning it on. At the same time you will also require to press and hold the command key + option key + P key + R key together. Once the macbook restarts, now you need to release the keys and if you hear the second startup prompt sound, then your PRAM is reset. So try this out and reply me back.