Thread: Need Linux distro for HTC Shift

Need Linux distro for HTC Shift

I have recent got HTC Shift that was given to me from my dad, I not really familiar with it like what its features and functionality it provides. I want to have Linux on my HTC shift as I have already worked with it in my laptop before but I have no idea which Linux distros to go for because I don’t want to have any further problem after getting any of the distros in it. So if anyone have idea regarding this please let me know and also provide me with some details regarding HTC Shift, so that I can work with it properly.

Re: Need Linux distro for HTC Shift

You have got really nice device to work it, you can experience Mobile computing with it as it has capability to work with many operating systems.
    • Provide you with Wi-Fi or 3.5G high-speed connectivity; using which you can take pleaser of ultimate efficiency and maximum reliability Internet experience approximately.
    • It provides you with full Windows Vista familiarity and other operating system.
    • Radical minute form factor gives you portability without negotiating mobility.
    • So this is great device to have mobile computing capability and experience.

There are many Distros for which you can go to have them all in your HTC shift. Following are the distros you can have :
    1.Ubuntu Server Edition : it is an authorized derived prepared for use in servers. Ubuntu Server handles mail, it organize printers with your system. It behaves as a fileserver that can host LAMP and more software bundle.
    2.Kubuntu : it is an authorized derived of Ubuntu which uses KDE as a substitute of the GNOME that is utilized by default in Ubuntu.
    3.Xubuntu : it is an authorized derived of Ubuntu using Xfce. Xubuntu is proposed for use on less-powerful computers or those who seek an extremely capable desktop environment on quicker systems, and uses regularly GTK+ applications.
    4.Lubuntu : Lubuntu is an official imitative of the Ubuntu operating system that is "lighter, fewer resource eager and extra energy-efficient", using the LXDE desktop environment.

As you have already worked with the Linux in your laptop, i think you need to go for any of the Linux distro as per your requirement. Because all the latest Linux distro will work with your HTC shift with no trouble, so you should really go for the distro you are comfortable with and use it in your new device which works really well with it. You can go for Ubuntu Netbook Edition as your device is quite similar Mini laptop, so it will be well suited in your device.