Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I use Mac for Graphic design

Portable Devices

Old 15-11-2010

Can I use Mac for Graphic design

I couldn't get where else to put the question and this was the single place where I can ask this question. In my knowledge from the time when I was in high school, we forever used Macs for every web design, graphic arts, video, photo, and etc. I have had more than a few implications (several sources) that I be supposed to just construct my personal computer especially for all the exceeding. I just surprised if anybody believe that constructing a workstation personal computer is significance it, in its place of just receiving a Mac. I might be capable to move back and forth a lower price through a pc but after that I would now be losing out on class. Actually I started college last semester and I am leaving to begin classes that I am departing to require somewhat enough. I perform graphics and all kind of design in my extra time, but I haven't been as sober about for over 5 years. Back when I had copy of the adobe software. Anyways I am skipping back into extra and additional and a MAC or MAC Book just sounded similar to the way to leave, so thanks for a little advice.

Old 15-11-2010

Re: Can I use Mac for Graphic design

You have to be familiar with the fact that actually all the Macs are for designers it is just in my belief. I state that because if you really seem at the programs that designers utilize i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and many more those are indistinguishable on together platforms, and truly I have observed huge designers on all Linux, Mac, Windows, everything. Now I individually utilize a Mac, the reason being pretty uncomplicated. I truly don't mind regarding viruses, spyware or adware or crapware etc in the decade throughout which I utilized Windows sooner than I knobbed to Mac not on one occasion have I had a few of that crap I indicate that it comes not from Windows, but pretty from the consumer’s lack of knowledge or just simple lack of common sense.
Old 15-11-2010

The faith that Mac are enhanced for graphics and design material may have been correct a lot of years ago, but at the present I believe it'd be extra honest to speak that they're completely not. The foundation of graphic function, Photoshop, interval a long means at the back on the Mac weigh against to the potential of its PC edition. Stuffs similar to GPU increase of velocity (you'd require a Mac pro and costly vide card for that anyhow on a Mac) and 64bit still aren't accessible on the Mac edition of Photoshop, and Steve Job's regular useless small station at Adobe could extremely fine achieve a point wherever adobe fall or setback developing the Mac edition more than they previously do. The enormous quantity of software accessible for windows create it a remote extra stretchy platform, but that too way that there are extra poorly written programs also. If you bound yourself to simply a little function then itís no challenge, a Personal Computer is leaving to be extreme improved so long as you keep away from the profusion of 'crashy' and awful applications like itunes and so on. Moreover, it pays to keep in mind that if you find a Mac you'll instantaneously twist into single of those slobber flattering Mac fans who won't close up regarding their glossy toy computer and how everybody else be supposed to utilize one for no genuine reason, somewhat than just by means of anything is more appropriate for the work at hand.
Old 15-11-2010

I would declare although that the Mac does have a number of divided compensation to designers in a few dangerous part. Font management is simple and improved on a Mac, as Windows have a tendency to undergo an actual presentation hit when you go beyond 500-1000 fonts. Color calibration is a bundle simple to supervise on the Mac, even with numerous summaries. Enhanced support for PDF collection in the operating system, anti-aliased display fonts and the OpenGL support graphic system to provide the Mac a bit extra frame above Windows. AppleScript and Automator build for extremely influential workflows that can change descriptions, with no need a design residence to appoint a programmer.
Old 15-11-2010

The MAC Pro desktop is the approach to go off. Purchase a fundamental model (RAM, Drive). The 'plug and play' unlock slots which are proposed for up to four drives and up to 32 GB of RAM may not be wanted at the present, except may fine be wanted into your classes at a number of position. The MacBook may look the identical however it doesn't propose the potential to enlarge and your class may quickly develop. I have the same opinion by means of the statement above that MAC is extra steady than PC for graphical functions that's been my familiarity as well.
Old 16-11-2010

I think you should go with the Intel based laptop as the advantage of the Intel based laptops is you can run any of the software on the system. If I have possession of both a personal computer and a Mac then I would simply purchase personal computer software. I have perceived sound that a group of designers utilize together personal computers and Macs to build convinced that their web designs appear first-class on both proposal. So I think you should to have both the Mac and a personal computer too.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,