Thread: Nokia E63 USB not working with Linux

Nokia E63 USB not working with Linux

Yesterday, I was trying to connect my Nokia E63 mobile phone with my laptop running on Linux operating system. But because of some reason I could not connect it to my machine. That is, it is not recognized by my laptop when I connected it to my laptop, I tried this for several times but then also nothing happened. I don’t know about this because this is my first time to use Linux operating system. Previously when I am using windows then I can easily connect it to the machine and can able to transfer data. If anyone having knowledge on this then please tell me. Any suggestions appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia E63 USB not working with Linux

I have gone through your question I have seen many of this kind of issues related to the universal serial cable. Many of the time, when user connect mobile to the laptop or to the computer then, that device is not recognized because of the several reasons. But I think the main reason for this is the faulty universal serial cable, because of that your machine is not recognizing your mobile phone. I think you should first replace your universal serial cable then check it with connecting it to your laptop. I hope this suggestion may help.

In my point of view you should use Gnokii daemon. Gnookii is provides you tools to use for mobile phone with Linux operating system. The best feature of this is that, you can transfer data using infrared or Bluetooth, you don’t have to connect it to the computer, so that there will be no issues with universal serial cable. You just have to enable your Bluetooth connection and then you can transfer data with each other. As far I know that, this Nokia mobile phone model has Bluetooth connectivity. I advise you to download this on your machine and transfer data using Bluetooth or infrared.

I was having same problem while connecting my mobile phone to the Linux laptop and on this I tried many thing to overcome this issue but not succeed. Then one of my friends suggested me to visit this site www.linux-usb.org to know about how to get universal serial bus cable work on Linux operating system. Then I visited this site for my query and read all the information of it. This information helped me to know about all things related to my query. I will suggest you the same advice to visit this site for all the information related to this. If you are having any other query then reply me.