Thread: How to disable touchpad scrolling on Dell mini 9

How to disable touchpad scrolling on Dell mini 9

I have bought new Dell Mini 9 laptop for all my business work, running on Moblin v2 operating system. Moblin has made boot time of my laptop very less and also it consumes less power. I wanted to know about some setting about its touchpad, which I want to disable. Because most of the times, when I work in the office or at home then I prefer to use external mouse for scrolling. It makes very easy to operate fast, I don’t have any idea about touchpad settings. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply to me. Any suggestions will be appreciate.

Re: How to disable touchpad scrolling on Dell mini 9

Here I have given you some settings to make your touch pad disable. For disabling touch pad you have to go in to the “system” option and then in “preference” click on the “mouse” and then click on the “touch pad option” this will open small window having option for touch pad settings. Put the unchecked mark at front of the option “'Disable touch pad Apply this setting on your system and save it. By doing all this settings you can disable touch pad. If you are having another queries then reply me.

I have gone through your question and as your requirement; I also wanted to disable touch pad on my laptop. I am also having Linux operating system running on my laptop and on that I am using Touch freeze tool to disable my touch pad. This Linux tool is very cool for handling. After installing this tool on your laptop it’s, automatically gets add to your start up folder. And it gets activate when you boot your system. I think you should download this tool on your laptop to disable your touch pad. I hope this information may help you.

I think you should run this steps on your operating system for disabling touch pad.
    • $sudo yum groupinstall “Development Tools”
    • $sudo yum install gtk2-devel libXi-devel GConf-dbus-devel
    • $tar -xvf gpointing-device-settings-1.3.2.tar.gz
    • $cd gpointing-device-settings-1.3.2
    • $./configure
    • $make
    • $sudo make install

Then all this step you have to run the run program using gpointing-device-settings. In this settings you can find all the related settings for you touch pad such enabling and disabling it. And then to apply these settings you click on the OK.

You have to disable touchpad in the CMOS of your laptop; I think that may help you. You should also find a file /etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. You have to put a # mark in the front of this line to disable the touchpad scrolling. You should check this file on your system for disabling touchpad on your laptop.