Thread: Install Linux on Pocket PC

Install Linux on Pocket PC

I have the Medion PPC with me and the thing is that I have the Windows Mobile 5 on it. Now I really want to get rid of this operating system. I want to have the Linux instead of the Windows Mobile 5 on it. Can you all please help me in having that done? Any advice in the matter will be really appreciated. Please do come with the solutions that will really help. I do not want to have the anything wrong done to the Mobile phone. Well I am sure that this is possible and you all will not disappoint me. Hope to receive the reply soon.

Re: Install Linux on Pocket PC

In the case that you have mentioned I think that some more information from your side will be required. Well I have not yet come across the term like Medion PC and I will really appreciate if you can revise your post with the specifications of the said phone. I will then only be able to put some light on the issue that you are facing at the moment. Till then you can wait for the other members to turn up with some useful solutions in this matter.

Well to start with I think that what Ceesar has mentioned I think that you will have to post again the query with the specifications that you have on the mobile phone. In addition to that I would also like to know if at all you have the MMU in your cell phone. Please let us know about these two things in the next post of yours. I am looking into this matter and will post if I will find really something meaningful in this respect.

Thanks a lot for making the post soon well I was not expecting that you all will come up with such results and will come so early with something to search for. I am really sorry that I did not mention the specifications in the first post so the specification is here: The CPU is Intel PXA255, the RAM here is 64Mb and MMC/SD is about 2 GB. I think that I have corrected my mistake, well in addition to that you all have asked about the MMU and I am really sorry for that, I really do not know what this MMU is and I will be really happy if you can clear the point regarding the same. Also can you tell me what is there to do with the MMU? Well hope that your response will flow in the manner that it is flowing at the moment.

Well the MMU is the Memory Management Unit and the reason behind asking this can be that some of the PDA just lacks this and if you want to have the Linux on the Pocket PC then you are required to have the MMU for you. Also if at all you have the MMU then let me tell you that you will be able to use ucLinux on the Medion PPC of yours. Well I was able to have the ucLinux on the m515 of mine and if you have that on your Medion PPC then I am sure that you will be able to have the Linux on the same. Please let us know if you have the MMU in the Medion PPC so that we can help you further.

I think that you will have to have the guide that can help you install the Linux Operating system on the Pocket PC you have. Well I have the URL for that and I am sure that after following the steps there you will be able to have the proper guideline for the installation. Just click here and you will have the guide installed on the system. The guide is free and you will really find that useful. Here is the link for the download: DOWNLOAD THE LINUX POCKET GUIDE HEREPlease let me know if you were able to install the LINUX on the pocket PC.

I have a link for a thread and I am of the opinion that can help you a bit with the scenario of yours. Well this thread is based on the UBUNTU but I think that can help you with the LINUX here. Just have alook at that and then let me know if that can help you in any manner. Here is the link for the thread and I am sure that this will serve you so that the problem can be solved. Link: Download Ubuntu Linux Pocket Guide - The Complete Reference