Thread: Availability Of Solid State Drive For Apple Mac Mini G4 1.25

Availability Of Solid State Drive For Apple Mac Mini G4 1.25

I have just got new Apple Mac Mini G4 for my computer and I have no idea as to how the functioning of the Mac is with my computer and also I wanted to now the functionality of the Mac Mini with my Windows 7 operating system. I am planning to connect a solid state drive to my Mac Mini G4 1.25. Please tell me different ideas through which I can perform this task on my Desktop computer.

Re: Availability Of Solid State Drive For Apple Mac Mini G4 1.25

As per the knowledge of my Apple I think no SATA connection is available for the Apple Mac Mini G4. You try out to see the various specifications that has been specified for the Apple Mac Mini G4, and I think the specification also tell you that the connection is not possible. The Mac Mini was the first of its kind Macintosh. The only problem is that it is not having any display property in it. Its special version of the computer is also considered to be intended for use as a server in a smaller system. It also consist of Snow Leopard Server and has a second hard drive instead of an optical disk drive.

The origins of SSD came out from the 1950s which used two similar technologies and the Magnetic core memory and also the Card Capacitor Read Only Store (CCROS). These are the auxiliary memory units, as they were called at the time, it emerged during the era of vacuum tube computers. But with the introduction of cheaper drum storage units, their use was discontinued. The Mac Mini is considered to have a small factor of desktop computer manufactured which is developed by the Apple Inc. And earlier the Mini-ITX PC designs,which is uncommonly small for a desktop computer. It weights 3.0 pounds (1.37 kg) and models prior to 2010 used an external power supply. The Mac Mini is said to be currently one of three desktop computers in the current Macintosh lineup, and the other two being the iMac and Mac Pro.

And a small form factor computer has to be widely speculated and then has been requested for long before and then the release of the Mac Mini was made. Also for buying a Mac you got to shell out a lot of money and the rumors are to be predicted that the headless iMac would be extremely small, that will include no display, and would likely to be positioned as Apple's entry-level desktop computer. On January 10, 2005, the Mac Mini was announced and besides then the iPod shuffle at the Macworld Conference & Expo and was described by Apple CEO Steve Jobs at the time as the "most affordable Mac ever".

The Mac Mini is considered to be an entry-level computer which is intended for budget-minded customers. And it said that the Mac Mini has got much less processing power than the other computers that is considered to be in the Macintosh lineup. And it is totally said to be using the standard-sized components such as 3.5-inch hard drives. Apple is using a lower power laptop components in the Mac Mini which allows it to fit all the necessary components into the small case and also to provide prevention of overheating, which is a common issues in such compact spaces.

Also you can try out and see whether the compatibility of the SATA, is possible with the Mac Mini. Mac mini is suposed to have a lot of utilities that is present in it, which is said to have combinations of disk-drives, CPU and hard drives. All just you have to do is to connect it to the computer and it starts the functioning for you. Also you can see various query related sites of apple where their are question post of various queries available, and you can post your own queries in the Apple forums.