Thread: Best GSM phones to work with Debian linux distros?

Best GSM phones to work with Debian linux distros?

I am currently using HTC Desire phone which has Windows Mobile 5.0 and it crashes regularly and software also crash which is really annoying. Other than this it has little options to work with Linux operating system and I have Debian Linux operating system in my computer. So I am looking for the phone which will work with my Debian Linux operating system, I want that the phone should sync with Kontact and other similar application. If anyone have idea regarding this please let me know because I really want to go for new GSM phone.

Re: Best GSM phones to work with Debian linux distros?

Yes you can have many GSM phones which are there in market with great features and functionality that sync with Debian Linux operating system. There are companies which manufacture GSM phones that work with Linux like Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola and Samsung etc. I think you can go for any of the preferred company you want to and select their mobile handset that matches with your requirements. And yes you can sync with Kontact with your phone as per your need I think as you are really fed up with your phone you need to really go for these phones.

You can have GSM phones which are manufactured by Sony Ericsson Company they have many models that provide you with the capability of working with your Linux Debian operating system. You can have mobile phones like k700i, k530i, k610i etc all the phones need to be connect to your system using either USB cable or Bluetooth. Other than this there are other more company that provides you with phones which you can sync with Linux and other application software like PIM (Personal Information Manager) that works as personal organizer. I so think you should really go for any of the model provided by Sony Ericsson as they provide you with the features that you are looking for in your GSM phone.

You can go for the phones from Nokia they also provide you with the GSM phones with great features and they sync very well with your Linux operating system. Phones from Nokia which you can have can be Nokia 7100 Supernova, Nokia N70 etc they all provide the features which are there in your previous phone and have option to connect with Linux. You may be require to have Usb cable or a PCMCIA card that have Modem like capability to sync phone with computer and work with Linux.