Thread: Overheating Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934

Overheating Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934

Guys, I have some trouble with my Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934. I think that it is due to overheating. When I start the computer then it runs without any problem for about 20 to 30 minutes and after that it freezes the screen sometimes it get powered off automatically. Many of the times I have also lost my data due to this. I am having the RAM of total 3 GB, 1x 2GB & 1x 1GB. I was trying to install the Windows 7 but that it aborts the installation at the beginning of the installation and makes the screen blue with the details:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001003f0).
    The system has been shut down.
    This happens after loading the installation files on the RAM. I feel that the temperature of that is higher than the normal. So can you help me to solve this issue.

Re: Overheating Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934

You can try to use the Hiren's Boot CD. You will find that it is a very good analytical tool on the disc. It has many different types of the tools that provide testing special feature of your computer. This will report you if there is any problem with any of the hardware of your system. There are many applications that can be used to conclude the troubles. It is also possible that your hard drive is not working and that is causing the problem. You can do hard drive test to check for the hard drive issue.

There may be the problem with the connection of the RAM to your computer. If that does not have the proper connection then it will also create the problems like that. Just shut down your computer and remove the RAM from it. Clean that gently. Reinsert that to the slot and see whether that helps you or not? You can also try some other slots available on the motherboard.

If that that problem is there before trying to install the Windows 7 then according to me the problem is with the hard drive. It may be going out and that is why you are facing the problem like that. You should run the Disk check up once or the disk clean up wizard. This will remove all the bugs and the corrupted files from the hard drive. After that you should restart your system. Use it for sometimes to see whether that issue occurs again or not? I don’t think that this will happen again if that is related to the hard drive.

If you feel that the laptop gets very hot then you it may the overheating problem. There is a program available on internet called the SpeedFan. You can use this program to keep an eye on voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers through hardware monitor chips. This is also able to show the S.M.A.R.T. info like hard disk temperatures. It also supports the SCSI disks. You will be also able to change the Fan speed if you are getting more temperature from the laptop. Just search for this on web and I am sure that you will easily find that. Install it to your system and I am sure that you help you.

It is definitely due to overheating. I have seen many if the cases like this where the problem came out of the overheating. You can clean the laptop internally like Fan, heatsink etc but that will not make a big difference as I think. You should use a cooling pad for your laptop. There are many varieties available in the market and you can select the one according to your budget. These will definitely maintain the temperature of the laptop and keep your laptop out of the over heating problems.