Thread: Cannot play DVDS burned using iDVD on Mac

Cannot play DVDS burned using iDVD on Mac

I using MacOSx for all my work and I have burned many of the DVDs on it using iDVD application. yesterday, for checking purpose I inserted a DVD to my DVD player, but it is not playing on it, then I check it by inserting it to my computer,and it worked. I don’t know what happen with DVD player, it says a message, no disc on every time. I have tried many of possible ways to play these DVD on my DVD player but then also it did not worked. If anyone having suggestion on this then please reply me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot play DVDS burned using iDVD on Mac

As you have written that you can play DVDs on computer but cannot on DVD player then i think there may be some issues with your DVD player. A part of DVD is called as Lens if it gets damaged then, DVD player cannot recognize any single disk even if that disk not having any single scratch on it. I think you should replace Lens of DVD player with new one and then you can play DVD on it. I hope this information may help you.

I have gone through your question I think when you don’t finish the burning process properly then it cannot work on DVD player or else when your DVD is rewritten then also it can play on DVD player. I think you should play this DVD on another DVD player and make out the difference. If you are having any other query then reply me.

Most of the DVD player cannot play all kinds of writable DVDs; I think the disk you are trying to play is may be in DVD+R format, because of that your DVD player not playing any disk. Previously I was getting same issues while playing burned DVD, for that I used WINAVI application for converting the video file format and then I tried it again to play it on my DVD player and it starts to recognize.

In my point of view you should test that DVD using DVDshrink application. I think this is very useful application to test and repair all kind of DVD format and then you can again try it to play on your DVD player. It is a computer program so that you can repair and test DVD, which you cannot play on DVD player. You should get this program on your computer and use it for all your DVD related issue.