Thread: Dell Inspiron 1564 Webcam not working

Dell Inspiron 1564 Webcam not working

I have a problem with my dell inspiron 1564, Recently i have reinstalled widnows XP service pack 2 The operating system is running absolutely fine without any worries. Except that the webcam does not work when I start the webcam, the screen goes blue with messages i don't know what has gone wrong with the webcam any ideas or suggestions.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1564 Webcam not working

Here what i can suggest you is that close all applications that currently use the webcam. Save and close all applications in use because the system will need to restart.

• Click Start.
    • Right-click on Computer.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Device Manager on the left side.
    • Click Imaging devices.
    • Click the right mouse button on the integrated webcam.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions to uninstall the driver.
    • Once the uninstall is complete, restart the computer.

You need to follow the steps which are mentioned below in order to get you laptop webcam working once again.

• Access the Web site Dell Technical Support .
    • Click My Account (My Account) in the upper right corner and connect to your Dell account in the popup box.
    • Under the My Software (My software) on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (Dell My Downloads)" (Download the preinstalled software (Dell My Downloads)).
    • Click the checkbox to accept the Terms of Dell download site and click on Register System (Save System) at the bottom of the page.
    • A page My Locker Download (My basket downloads), click on the registered system corresponding to the computer where you download WebCam Central.
    • Sub Section Title (title), look for Dell Webcam Central. There may be several items in the list for this software.
    • Select the item with the version number of the newest version in the column. Click the checkbox in the Download column (Download) for this software and bottom of the page, click on Download Now.

I think that this issue is somewhere related to the drivers so i would suggest you to get the drivers installed on your system you can do this either by using driver CD which you have received along with the laptop or if you are unable to find the CD then simply you can get the drivers online from the official website of the manufacturer.

i would suggest you few simple steps in order to get your webcam back to work on your system once again since this situation clearly indicates that the web-cam is not detected by the laptop since you have not initialized the web-cam from the start menu. For initializing the same simply follow the steps which are mentioned below
    • Click Start on the start Menu.
    • Go to All Programs.
    • Click on the webcam Dell.
    • Webcam Central Click to launch the application.