Thread: Forgot password on a dell latitude laptop.

Forgot password on a dell latitude laptop.

I have purchased a second hand laptop from eBay 2 years ago. The person who purchased this laptop does not know any of the original owner’s information. I am getting these messages after starting laptop "This computer system is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Please type in the primary or administrator password and hit enter." What should I do now?

Re: Forgot password on a dell latitude laptop.

I think you should opened and then disconnect the CMOS battery and keep it disconnected for full day and again connect the same connection and power on and then check and if still getting the same message then you can also try by switching out the hard drive and get the same thing. You can try the KILLCMOS program.

I will suggest you to check by any engineer and if not possible by engineer then you can call in dell call center they will help out by paying some charged or maybe they will not take any charge if your system is under warranty period . And you can take master password also and can upgrade your warranty period by paying some charges as per company.

I can’t tell you which type of password is that but if it is Bios password then it most probably stored in a special chip which is on the motherboard and if you want to crack this password you have to replace this laptop security chip. In Some laptop it’s not possible to reset or remove bios passwords by shorting or removing the cmos battery. And my humble suggestion to you that please do not buy these type of things online unless and until you check it by practically.

I think Dell won't help because it’s your second hand laptop and dell will only concern with the main owner the person who owns the pc from dell only now you are not the original owner so I think you have to contact ebay only because you have to only concern with ebay where from you purchased that laptop. It’s their responsibility to shoot out this problem. And be aware when you are purchasing any electronic gadget’s from online site because you can only able to see thing on virtually not by practically.

If your problem is basic about the password then you can shoot out by using this simple steps. 1) you have to short the pins of bios on motherboard. 2) then press the power button.3) remove the short and press key F2 to go into bios.4)keep pressing ESC out of bios when starting your systems and the password will gone. Try this if you are not too much technically sound and if not successful then concern with your engineer.

Donwload a bootable CD--Windows Password key to reset the admin password