Thread: HP Pavilion dv6 1211AX Notebook Over Heating

HP Pavilion dv6 1211AX Notebook Over Heating

I bought a new DV6 1211AX for me. This is also called as Entertainment Notebook PC. Here is the configuration for this.
    • Processor: AMD Turion X2 RM-7
    • Graphics: ATI Mobility Raedon HD 4650 Series (1 GB)
    • RAM: 4 GB DDR2

I am very happy with the features of it but the only problem regarding this is that it gets overheated even if I am performing soft work on that. I don’t understand that what is the reason behind that and how can I get it solved. And please don’t tell that laptops are made for gaming because they have given me 1GB graphics for playing Minesweeper. I have already tried many things to solve this which I knew but all that was useless and just waste of my time. Please provide me the solution for this issue and also any software that can help me to measure the exact temperature of the machine.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 1211AX Notebook Over Heating

There may be dust on the heatsinks of your laptop and that is why it is getting overheated. First of all, you have to try to clean the dust from the heatsinks, fans, and vents. All these are made to cool the system and if it is jammed with the dust they it will not able to help the laptop to reduce its temperature. Don’t avoid the problem of overheating because if you continue to use the laptop even thought it get overheated then this many create some major problem and if you are not able to solve this then you can take it to any computer repairing shop and they will do this thing for you. This is the most basic thing that you should do in the cases like this.

Just check the fan that whether they are working properly or not? It is possible the speed of the fan is reduces and that is not able to help to reduce the temperature of the system. According to me, you should visit the HP site and search for the BIOS update. Update the BIOS and this will increase the speed of the fan and reduce the temperature of the system. I did the same and found that the temperature was reduced to a great extend. Hope this will help you too.

There are many possible reasons for this problem so I cannot say that what the reason in your case is. But as you have also asked about some software or tool that can help you test the computer temperature so I found that there is one called CoreTemp. That will the best for you. You can monitor the temperature of the CPU in your computer. You will easily find this on internet. This is available for free and can be downloaded easily.

Well, as you told that you have bought it new so I think that you must have the warranty card for this and this is still under warranty. So don’t try anything on yourself because it is possible that you may create more problems. Just let it to the dealer from where you bought this and ask then for the problem and see .whether they can help you or not. If they are not able to help you then you can let it directly to the manufacturer and they will solve the problem. If it has some major issue then they will replace that with the new one. This will be the best and the safest way to do that.

What is the operating system that you are using? In my case I was using the Windows Vista and facing the similar overheating problem. I tried many things to get it solved but was not able to solve that. One day, one of my friends suggested me to switch to Windows 7 64 bit from Windows Vista. I decided to try that also and I installed the Windows 7 64 bit in my system. One I did this then I found that it increases the processing speed of the, lowers the CPU and GPU temperature to a great amount. Overall it increases the performance of the computer. If you are not getting the proper solution then you can also try this out.

I think that you need to use a cooling pad for that. There are many cooling pad available on internet and you can select any of that according to your budget. But try to get a good one so that you should not face problem in future. Use the laptop with the cooling pad and this will reduce the temperature for your system to a great amount.