Thread: How to disable synchronization of my Windows Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live

How to disable synchronization of my Windows Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live

I am having Windows Phone 7 with me. I have synchronized my Windows Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live. It is working fine without any problem. But now i am planning to disable the synchronization of my Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live. But i do not know the method to do this. Does ant one have any solution regarding this topic. Please do try to help me out. I will be waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Re: How to disable synchronization of my Windows Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live

I have a solution for this issue, so i will advise you to go through the following steps.
    • First go to start>> Application list>>settings >>Email & Accounts.
    • Select the account which you are looking to disable.
    • Here you have to click on the contact in order to remove the checkmark.
    • Then press OK and you are done.

This will allow you to disable synchronization of the contacts with the live. Hope it helps to you.

Re: How to disable synchronization of my Windows Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live

I am also using the windows phone 7; nut in my case the situation is reversed. I am looking to set up a Windows Live account on my windows phone 7. Does anyone have any idea related with this issue? Please do try to provide me a solution for doing this set up. Hope you will help me out. Thanks.

I will advise you to go through the following steps.
    1. First of all go to Start, then to App list, after that go to Settings >>Email & accounts.
    2. Now select the option of add account >>Windows Live.
    3. Here you will require to first sign in the account by choosing a Windows Live ID.
    4. Now try to select the ID box and there you need to type your Live ID.
    5. Now go to the password box and type the password which you want.
    6. Finally select the button of sign in.
    7. Now you have synchronized your Phone 7 contacts with Windows Live.

I think this will help you.

Hi,

I have synchronized my WP7 with my Live Account. However, I only want to synch my emails, not all my photos and contacts. When I look in settings, there is only the checkbox for emails - so I can't find a way to 'uncheck' photos and contacts from synching.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsylvester View Post
    However, I only want to synch my emails, not all my photos and contacts. When I look in settings, there is only the checkbox for emails - so I can't find a way to 'uncheck' photos and contacts from synching.
    In order to uncheck the contacts, you can follow the steps mentioned by Xanix. Here it is :
    Quote Originally Posted by xanix View Post
    • First go to start>> Application list>>settings >>Email & Accounts.
    • Select the account which you are looking to disable.
    • Here you have to click on the contact in order to remove the checkmark.
    • Then press OK and you are done.
    About the photos, i still need to search the web.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

However, under 'content to synchronise' there is only an 'email' check box in the settings for the Windows Live account. There are NO checkboxes available for anything else - including contacts/photos etc.

Very annoying, as I now have all my Messenger contacts on my phone, which I really don't want.

thanks
    Ed