Thread: How to transfer iphoto library to my macbook pro

How to transfer iphoto library to my macbook pro

I am using iphoto on my computer and i also have a Macbook Pro with me. I am planning to transfer iphoto library to my macbook pro. I have tried out many solution but, not able to do it. Does anyone have any knowledge related with this topic? Please do help me out. Thanks.

Re: How to transfer iphoto library to my macbook pro

I will suggest you to first go to your computer where the library is present. Plug an external drive to your computer. Now you need to drag your library to the drive. Now plug the drive in your macbook pro and copy it to you macbook. If you try this then, you will be able to solve your problem. Hope it helps to you. If you need more help on this, then try to reply me back.

I would like to thank you for your reply, but it is not solving my issue. I have already tried this solution of copying the iPhoto library directly to my macbook. I want to copying only particular photos on my macbook. So can you provide me some different solution for doing this? Once again thanks for your king support.

I will advise you to try the steps given below. First try to go to the Library on your computer. Then you need to click on the preferred event. After doing that go to the file, then to Export, inside this go to Kind and finally to Current. Here you can send only those events which you want to send to your macbook. Send it to a new folder on the external drive. Keep one thing in mind that the name of the folder must be same as the name of the event. After doing this now try to plug your drive to your macbook and copy the folder to your iPhoto Library in mac. I think after trying this solution you will definitely be able to solve your problem.

This time the solution really worked for me and I have successfully transferred my events to my macbook pro without any problem. It was really a wonderful solution as it helped me in solving my problem. Finally I will really like to thank you for your support which you have provided to me.