Thread: Unable to delete photos in iPhoto

Unable to delete photos in iPhoto

I am using iphoto version 8 on my imac desktop. I run snow leopard on my system. I am having many photos in my iphoto and i am now planning to delete my all the photos from the iphoto. The problem is that when i try to delete photos from my iphoto, then they remain in the library on the hard drive. But if i try to delete them from the library, then i have to delete them by selecting one by one and also i am not able to see the whole album. This is what the problem i am having. If you have any solution regarding this issue, then please try to help me out. Thanks.
    Last edited by Giselle Knowles; 11-11-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Re: Unable to delete photos in iPhoto

Before answering to your query i would like to know few things about your system. Are you running the default setup of your iphoto? The library which you are running is Managed or a Referenced one? Try to answer this question as early as possible, so that i can help you out. Hope you will send me the reply.

Thanks for the instance reply. As you have asked me the type of library, so i would like to tell you that i am running a managed library on my system. I have given you my reply, so now please try to give me the solution so that i can solve my issue. Once again thanks for the help.

I will advise you to do the following. First try to drag the photo which you want to delete in the trash. After doing that, now clear the trash. If you do this then the photo gets deleted from the iphoto as well as the hard drive. Try this out. I hope it will definitely solve your problem as i have also solved my problem using the same technique.

I am using iphoto on my macbook pro running leopard. I am having bit confusion related with my iphoto. I want to ask you one question that, can i have iphoto library on the Hard drive and the External Drive? If you have any idea related with this then try to help me out. Thanks.

I would like to tell you that you can do this. Here is the method to do that-First you need to copy the iPhoto Library to the External hard drive. Now try to press the alt key, this will launch the iphoto. In the resulting menu you will require to select the Choose Library option. You can also go to your hard drive and delete the files which you do not want. After doing all that, now you are having the whole library on the external drive and selected set of photos in the internal drive. Hope have helped you.