Thread: HP DV5T display issue

HP DV5T display issue

I have recently faced this problem on my HP DV5T Laptop in my Laptop the screen gets flickering. I am facing this problem whenever I start to run my Hp Laptop. How I can come to know that my laptop outputs a completely good by the signal via vga and hdmi without flickering. So I had assumed that the video cable which is used for connecting the GPU and built in LCD is on its way out. How I would come to know if I should replace the cable with a fresh one seems like a decent solution? Can anyone have the solution to solve this problem?

Re: HP DV5T display issue

I followed as per the HP support. I did the following:
    • Install all the software I installed before flickering/white fade out started. It did not fix the problem.
    • Installed a graphic card software driver (link provided by HP Support). It did not fix the problem.
    • Downgraded the bios. Did not fix the problem.
    • Their final suggestion was to change the computer to factory default. It did not fix the problems.

The flickering did not take place in bios before, but I did not check recently since I am pissed off. Whenever it starts, it does not stop until I move the screen around.

I think if you have purchased the HP DV5T Laptop recently then you can go for the replacement of your laptop form the HP service center. The laptop which you have purchased must have the warrante, so you can go for the same thing because I had also faced the same problem with me Hp laptop. hope this help you to solve your problem.

To solve your problem start with the cable and watch that it works properly or not, make sure that the existing cable what you are using must makes the protected connection on to the both ends and check the connection terminal of your connector on the main board and LCD to make sure that they are not broken, if it doesn't get the LCD, or if the cable doesn't work on your mainboard then it might be the cable issue on your system.