Thread: iBook G4 12" reset date and time after shut down

iBook G4 12" reset date and time after shut down

I have been using iBook G4 12- inch from quite some time now and let me tell you that it provide with great features which you will want to have in this kind of small device. But thing which I am facing from the time I have got iBook G4 but I didn’t noticed it is that every time I shut down the device and start with it after some time it resets the dates to some weird date and time. It usually sets the date and time back to 1970; I am not able to find the reason for such weird thing happening to date and time after shutting iBook. So if anyone know what is the reason and have solution for such problem with iBook G4 12- inch please provide me the solution.

Re: iBook G4 12" reset date and time after shut down

I think the problem is with your PRAM battery of your iBook G4 which might be drain because of some kind of problem with it or because of over charge done to your iBook G4 battery. I think there is only option left for you is that you need to go to the nearest Apple store to get your PRAM battery repair or replace after which you might not face such problem with date and time which is reset every time you shut the iBook G4 and restart.

As far my knowledge the iBook G4 does not have a PRAM battery instead it utilizes a minute capacitor to accumulate a little sum of electricity to "wrap" in the occasion that the standard main battery which is there in ibook G4 is switched and the AC Power supply is turned off. Though, this power merely lasts for 20 to 30 seconds after which it dies. Your main battery has perhaps gone terrible and because of which the date and time information are lost when the AC supply is disconnected. So you need to go for new battery as per my view just conform it to the apple people.

I think there should be some kind of setting to avoid such resting with the iBook G4 date and time. You need to take help of the experts of Apple device which might resolve your problem as there can be issue with the setting for date and time or there can be issue with the battery which is not able to provide with the back up for keeping the date and time settings because of which such resetting is done to it after you shut it done and restart with it again. Just website to the official website there might be some help for similar issue with iBook 4G.