Thread: How to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the MacBook Pro having Windows

How to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the MacBook Pro having Windows

I have the MacBook Pro with me and the scenario is such that I am having Windows 7 on the MacBook. Well at first I was having the Windows Vista and there was no problem with the notebook. When I tried updating the Windows i.e. from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7, on the notebook I found that in the Windows 7 mode the system hangs on the login screen. I do not know why I am getting the same in the Windows 7 mode. Well there it is asking me to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key and the thing with the MacBook Pro is that I do not know how to make this thing work. Has anyone has come across such a situation. Well I tried again installing the Windows Vista on the MacBook Pro and this tie too I was getting the same issue. Now this time too on the Vista I am stuck with the same Ctrl+Alt+Delete combination. I really do not know what can be done so that I can get out of this drastic situation. Any suggestions in this respect will be really appreciated. Hope to get the reply soon.

Re: How to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the MacBook Pro having Windows

Well looking at the scenario of yours I think that you should try to see for the different key combinations. Well on the very first note I just want to tell you that if you want you can use the back arrow key on the MacBook Pro. It is just present above the Return and below the Eject key on the MacBook Pro. Well try to use that combination and let me know if that really helped you to get out of the situation. I also have the MacBook Pro and this is the thing that I use on it. Well on some of the keyboard it is also labeled as del and that gives the clear explanation of the same. Hope that you were having that key labeled as <- (back arrow) and hence you were not getting the thing in the correct manner. Please try that thing and let me know if that really helped you to proceed with the Windows.

I do not think that the del key or the back arrow key on the MacBook Pro, is going to give the same functionality as that it is giving in the Mac OS X. I would rather suggest you to try the various different key combinations so that you can come out of the problems of yours. Well to start with I would simply suggest you to try the ctrl+cmd+delete combination. It may also be the case that you may not be able to see the Alt key also working in the same manner as that is in the Mac. Or if that too did not work then you can try your hand on this combination: control + option + delete as well. Well hope that you will find at least one of the combinations from the above two working in your favor. Please let me know about the progress in the next post of yours. I will be really glad if any of the combination worked in your side.

On seeing those many issues with the DELETE key I would simply suggest you to have the remapkey.exe so that you can have the Delete key for your self. I am of the opinion that this can bring the situation of yours under control and on the right track. Go to the Official site of the Microsoft and have the installation of the rktools.exe, it is an executable file of somewhat around 11.8MB. I am sure that this will really help you to have the Delete key for the MacBook Pro. You will get the rktools.exe from the download section of the Microsoft or if you want here is the link for the same: Download. Hope that this will really help you to get rid of the login screen and will help you proceed with the Windows.

I am also in complete agreement with what Antonio1 has mentioned above. For the Delete key problem there is a workaround that can be achieved using the remapkey.exe. I would suggest you to use the Apple (Windows)-U so that the Universal Access and Onscreen Keyboard can be accessed. For that the remapkey.exe has a very vital role to play. Once you get the access to the Onscreen Keyboard click on the Ctrl, Alt, and Del. Hope that this time you will for sure get the hold of the problem. Well it is true that the Mac does not seem to see the keys in the manner that they are seen on the Windows and hence an extra effort to do so is mandatory. Please let me know if that worked in your way.

I have really interesting thing for you and I am sure that this will really help you with the clear idea behind the KEY combinations between the Windows and the Mac OS. You will have to have the Windows 2003 Resource Kit tools. You will have to install the Windows 2003 Resource Kit tools rktools.exe. In the start menu there will be a question mark on the remapkey. You will have to Right Click on it and then run it as Admin. After that you will be required to map the Del key from the upper keyboard to the right windows button below. After that save the changes and then update the Registry. After all the Restart the system and when it will ask you to press the Ctrl-Alt-Delete you will be required to press the Ctrl-Alt-Right Apple key.

The missing key sequence has also troubled me a lot and hence I have come here to help you out with the MacBook Pro. After a lot of googling I have found that Flying Windows key is identical as to the Command (Apple) key that is on the MacBook Pro. So to have the thing that you are looking for I would suggest you to use the native XP key combinations. Press the Command key + U so that the onscreen keyboard can come up. Once the keyboard is visible then, with the help of few mouse clicks on it you will get the on-screen version of CTRL-ALT-DEL. Once that is up then you can make the log in and close the on-screen keyboard.