Thread: Apple Powerbook: How to upgrade Leopard from 10.4 to 10.5

Apple Powerbook: How to upgrade Leopard from 10.4 to 10.5

I recently bought an Apple PowerBook which is running under the Mac Leopard with the 10.4.11 version in my laptop. From the few days it is creating some problem regarding the Operating system and now I wish to upgrade that one with another version. But I am not sure whether it is having the UFS formatted in the machine, so can anyone tell how to fine how to find out whether it is formatted or not. As per my knowledge the Leopard will run with the some of the high speed, so will it run with the operating system version if I will upgrade the version? Any other information on this topic will be very useful for me…

Re: Apple Powerbook: How to upgrade Leopard from 10.4 to 10.5

As per my knowledge the format of the machine will be find under the application option of the machine utilities. For that you have to go the Application option under the Utilities of the machine operating system. It will direct you to how the format operation is done in the machine, and I think the option of the format is by default is sated in the HFS not in the UFS and the format operation is case sensitive. But be remember that you have to run the application with the 1GB RAM speed and there will might be no problem with the CPU.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I suggest you while you get the Leopard operating system with the version that you want, after that do not use the standard path for the installation of the program. Because this will create some of the problem with the installation. So I recommend you to install the program with the Archive & Install way, it having less problem with the installation, it will install the Leopard with the initial steps. You can easily upgrade that one with the operating system upgrade option. You just connect the machine with the internet ad then go for the upgrade of the operating system, this will automatically search the latest version which is compatible with the machine specification that you are having, download that one and then install it into your laptop.

The apple is introduced the newly launched option which is known as the "CPU Drop-in DVD". It is compatible with the Leopard application. It is known as the upgrade version with the detection of any other version of the existence Tiger program is installed or not. I think the easiest way to install the latest version of the operating system that you are having boot the machine with the CD of the program, before that beck up or restore the entire file in the existing program for the future need. And go through according to the screen instruction with the proper settings. A machine reboot is required after that, did this otherwise the program will might be not properly installed in the machine.

I am having the Apple Mac book pro which is running under the 2 GHz Intel processor with the Tiger environment. I had also some of the problem with the exiting operating system and now want to upgrade the version. What should I do, because the Apple organization is not offers the operating system with the latest version in free? The OSX disk which is comes with the MacBook Pro is it will require for the upgrade of the of the program? I am looking for the valuable suggestion, any information o this will be appreciated.