Thread: Apple MacBook Pro: How to convert the .avi file into a .mov file?

Apple MacBook Pro: How to convert the .avi file into a .mov file?

Hello friend,
    I have an Apple MAcBook pro portable laptop with the Mac OSX, which is very much impressed with the features and the looks of that. I basically use this for the home and the outside entertainment along with some of the official works. I use to play the audio and the video file in the laptop, but there is a problem while I tried to play the .avi format file in the laptop it will not responding anything after the selection into the player. It requires a few programs to play the file into the player which one is I am using in y laptop, where as there is no problem with the .mov file. So anyone suggest me how to covert the .avi file into the .mov format? Or to play the .avi file in the player without any of the program. Any information will be appreciated…

Re: Apple MacBook Pro: How to convert the .avi file into a .mov file?

I had the similar issue in my Apple computer and suggest you if it is simply a Windows Media file then go for the “Flip4Mac” application this will allow you to play the .avi file with some other file format, and also allow you to convert the file into the desired format that you want. The Flip4Mac is Microsoft application which is mainly used for the windows media file format. It will work with the QuickTime player; this will forward the .avi file in the .mov format. Open the .vai file in the QuickTime player and forward it into the .mov file format. You can also download the plug-ins like the DivX and the XviD file to paly the file. This is also required with other application. For that you do the same think, open the file in the QuickTime player and then import the file in the .mov file format.

There is a converter which is known as the Movavi Video Converter. Which is helps to convert the .avi file in the .mov file format or any other file format. For that you should have to install the QuickTime player in your machine. This can use with the windows operating system or the other operating system. Install the converter into your machine, then simply launch the file that you wish to convert into the desired file format and click on the “+ Video” option which is use for the conversion. It appears in the top side of the tool menu. After that an open window will appear, browse the file or the folder or the device where you kept the .avi file, select the file or the folde nad click on the file format that you wish to convert, like the .mov. it will easily convert the .avi file.

While you capture or transfer the file in the laptop is it appear in the dv video? Because the .avi file that you wish to play in your laptop will placed in the same raw video file list or the folder, it will automatically selected by the random selection of the file by the user into the player. If you will convert the file you might be loose the quality of the file that you wish to play in the player in your laptop, I recommend you copy another copy of that file in some other file or the folder and then try to play that one. It will detect as the raw file, you have to capture the video in the dv format.

There is another tool which is named as the Oxelon Media Converter, this one also use to convert the windows file as well as the other supported file in the different type of the format. I used this for the conversion of the .avi file; it will offer you to convert the file into many formats. Suggest you to just install this one into your computer and then open the application window. Select the file format .avi and along with that select the codec of the file format. I am using the QuickTime codec for the file. Some other codec for the file are like the QuickTime H263 and the QuickTime SVQ1 Sorenson Video. Select the Audio Codec like the AAC or the PCM. Adjust the width and the length of the file which you are going to format, also select the Video Bitrate for the conversion. Now browse the file form the laptop and select the conversion option with the desired format option that you wish. I am sure that it will help you to convert the file.