Thread: Macbook shuts down during start up

Macbook shuts down during start up

I have Macbook pro from last two months. Yesterday I noticed that it is running slow so I try to reboot it except it in no way powered back up. When I click the power button it will go as far as Apple logo screen and then itself it powered down. I have tried more than ten consequent times have resulted in the identical consequence; it by no means makes it past the boot progression. I also tried resetting the PRAM and starting in safe mode, however I get the similar effect. It's as well been plugged into the A/C adapter as a result it doesn't seems to be battery problem. I do not have the original operating system cd as a result I can't run the disk check utility. Is there is any other method to run it? If anyone has any suggestion what should we try next your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Macbook shuts down during start up

I think your hard drive might be okay except the filesystem is in a condition so as the fsck_hfs (Disk Utility) even cannot fix. A third party disk utility may possibly be capable to restore the filesystem as a result so as the drive be able to mount. You be supposed to be aware that these programs might cause several data failure. Subsequently, the drive might not boot the Operating System. You might make use of Firewire Disk Mode to an additional Mac on the way to recover data from the drive.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Even I too have the same problem with my macbook. It shuts down during startup. I am able to boot into Windows, as well as using the Leopard startup disc, Disk Utility could not work at all. I do not contain a second Mac or any way to access one for any backup purposes. I have no suggestion what else to attempt, does anybody be familiar with something in addition backing up through firewire or how I can also save my computer's data? Thank you for your help.

You require loading the disc as well as holding down command+ c at the same time as starting. Both should work, subsequent to the grey screen by means of the small mac icon otherwise mac dude appears you be capable of let go. Subsequent to a long thought of waiting you will obtain the install window, take no notice of it furthermore drag your cursor on the way to the top wherever it says preferences. Click on to it plus select disk utility, next to which point on the left select your disk along with click on the bottom right repair disk. This is a extreme shot starting fixing your hard drive, however may possibly for the time being fix it at which point you should back everything and reinstall the operating system totally. Even though if you’re lucky as well as the disc isn’t really broken then this’ll repair it just fine.

Make an effort running the system not including the battery, however make clear in your mind the MagSafe adapter is securely fixed firmly. All you require is for the plug on the way to come out on one occasion, as well as you'll by no means do it for a second time. If that appears to repair it, the trouble might to be expected be your battery short circuiting or something else.Have you installed some programs in recent times that might cause the operating system to get annoyed? Navigate to System-> Library -> StartupItems also observe if there are some strange programs listed. That may possibly be doing somewhat disorderly to your computer.Do you have access to hard drive or have a bootable backup? If you are capable to install Leopard as well as boot correctly by means of the external drive, the trouble might lie by way of the internal drive.

Thank you to both of you for replying to my problem. I follow your recommendation furthermore as soon as the trouble didn't leave away I called AppleCare. The MacBook is cover. The initial representative recommended that I perform the whole thing I had previously tried and after that what you recommended. Because I had previously done those thing they associated me by means of a product expert who had me boot from the Leopard disk, run Disk Utilities from the disk, furthermore then reinstall 10.5 by means of archive and install, however by means of "preserves users and network settings" unchecked. After that I have to reinstall each and every one my software plus save my documents, photos, music, etc. from the Previous System.
    Subsequently, the trouble was a corrupted system. Reinstalling with no preserving user as well as network settings appears to have removed no matter what was upsetting my MacBook. Its working well at the moment and I didn't lose anything. I'd suggested this repair to any person who's having this trouble or a like one.