Thread: Calibrating the Macbook Pro Battery

Calibrating the Macbook Pro Battery

I own a Mac Book Pro and I am having the same for the last two months. Well for the past few days I have noticed a weird thing with the MacBook Pro. I have seen that after it falls short of the Battery it simply goes in the Hibernate mode. Well I have clearly read the manual that came with the notebook and it is clearly mentioned that once it goes out of the battery then it should go in the sleep mode, but it is not going in there. What should I do with that? I really love the piece and I do not want to keep the same in the service center for the repairing. Please suggest me something that can help me in the matter. I will be really happy to have the solution on the same. This is my first post and I really expect a working solution for me.

Re: Calibrating the Macbook Pro Battery

Welcome to the Forum. Well I am sure that you will receive the solutions here and you will not be disappointed. Well let me tell you that you are not the only one with the problem like this. I have seen lots of users that are fedup with the battery issues of the Apple products and I think that you are also caught with the same situation. Well on the first note I would like to ask if the Charger that you are using to charge is original. Please see that you have the original one or else this could also be the main reason behind the issue.

I think that you will have to calibrate the Battery of the laptop that you are having at the moment. Sometimes the issues that you are getting can be encountered with the simple calibration of the battery. Well for the steps you can refer the manual that you have got with the MacBook Pro I am sure that the manual will be really of some help in your situation. Just try doing that and let us know if that brought the difference.

Well I think that you are completely confused with the word Hibernate and the Safe Sleep. Well to tell you that there is nothing like called as hibernate mode in OS X. Actually when the Battery runs down to a certain limit then the system is simply forced into sleep. In that case it normally does not wakes up that quickly and hence takes some time to wake up. I think that this must have forced you to believe that it has gone in the Hibernate mode. Well in that mode the system should not be disturbed. Hope that you have got the point.

Thanks for the various suggestions and I am thankful to you all for suggesting me the correct thing. Well I just want to tell that the battery and charger that I am using both are the original and hence I am of the opinion that there should not be any problem there. Now Regarding the Calibration, well I have seen the manual and I really did not find that helpful, I will be really happy if at all you can help me with the calibration there. Step by step process will be favored a lot.

Well I am really surprised to see that you have found the manual really not helpful. OK well let me explain you the calibration in short. It is really very easy and simple. All you have to do is wait for the Laptop to go in the sleep mode. Once it is in the sleep mode you will have to Close the lid and then leave it like that. Then connect the power cable to it and let it rest until the Green Light turns up. The green light is from the MagSafe connector. By the time it is charging let it recharge do not bother it to disturb. Then once it is fully charged then you can use it again and then repeat the procedure for 3 to 4 time and then you will have the battery calibrated.