Thread: HP dv5000 audio Drivers

HP dv5000 audio Drivers

Truly expect someone can assist, I believe this is quite a common trouble. I have an HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop, was running XP, have just upgraded to Vista Home Premium x64, and my soundcard has efficiently moved out or disappeared. There are no noticeable drivers; the OS recommends I install a soundcard as there is not any accessible or available. My major reason for having a laptop is to watch and generate film and DVDs at the same time as I am working as a care supporter, so this is a giant crisis for me! I cannot find a driver upgrade anyplace, and my laptop is not online, I am using my friend's net connection. I found one which seemed like it was going to work, but I think it might only be for the 8000 series.

Re: HP dv5000 audio Drivers

I have the similar difficulty or issue, I just attempted and tried each and every the links you posted thanks for that, but the problem is that not any of them would resolve the trouble I have. I am currently running Vista Business 64bit on a HP Pavilion dv5000 series laptop. Hope there is someone here who helps me to solve my trouble. And take me out from this problem.

There are 3 disparities of Pavilion dv5000 is available, HP Pavilion dv5000 CTO Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv5000ea Notebook PC and HP Pavilion dv5000t CTO Notebook PC. The below are the driver pages for Vista 64 bit.

1. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=2100&lang=en/
    2. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...oduct=1828867/
    3. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...oduct=1832441/

Download and install drivers for your precise model figure.
    Last edited by SANEET; 09-11-2010 at 06:24 AM.

I think those are only updates, not the full drivers, full drivers can only be found in new HP computers which are installed with HP, you after that go to Folder Options and select to view hidden files. Then go into C it is in your case and then a folder comes into view called HP, in this folder, it contains all the essential drivers to help reinstall if system recovery has unsuccessful or that some drivers or software’s went bursting after error update. So I think, those options are not going to help. That’s why not at all reformat HP windows while there is the HP and system recovery file. Always make a HP system recovery disc and remain it secure.

I downloaded the sound driver from the URL u wrote here SANEET. I have hp pavilion dv5000 CTO, I guess reason this driver was the just one which I could install, every other time it would say that some type of MEDIA not found. So I installed it, it said installation successful that means installation done well, in device manager it says that it is working correctly, but there is still no sound working. I mean I can talk in Skype if I attach a microphone to the laptop, but the built in microphone still won't work, no issue what I do. It used to work earlier than until I installed Skype 4 beta version. Then it unexpectedly just stopped. I reinstalled the Skype 3.8 but still not anything. Since then it is dead. Can anybody tell me what perhaps can I do?

If you play any music or movie you can perceive sound properly? The trouble is only with the built in Microphone? Select “recording device” after right click on the volume icon in task bar, and yes make certain that your microphone is scheduled as the default device. Otherwise click set default. Select it and then click on the "Configure" button if it is already selected as the default device. Then click on Set up a microphone and go behind the on screen information.