Thread: How to root HTC Amaze 4G

How to root HTC Amaze 4G

I have recently bought HTC Amaze 4G and I just wanted to learn to root it I mean I wanted to know that how we can Gain Root On Amaze 4G and Root HTC Amaze 4G On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Permanently and I also want to know How To Gain Permanent Root On Amaze 4G.Is there anyone who is aware of this by now and can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to root HTC Amaze 4G

I will like to inform you that I have read on a site that the HTC is providing a pre-rooted stock 1.36.351.5 ROM for HTC Amaze 4G users and they are also available for download and install as far as I remember it was very difficult to crack even the temporary rooting script and now I have found that flashing the pre-rooted Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROM on HTC Amaze 4G is the only way to gain permanent root with the help of init.d and the custom boot image support. Just take a look at the features of this ROM below:
    • Pre-Rooted
    • Zip-Aligned
    • Custom Boot Animation
    • BusyBox
    • Odex / Deodexed versions

You Gain Root On Amaze 4G by Installing Pre-Rooted ROM and in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • Download ROM zip file and then save it on the desktop
    • Connect your phone and then copy the downloaded ROM zip file in to the SD Card root.
    • Reboot your phone in recovery mode by holding Power button and the Volume down key at the same time.
    • When you get in to the recovery mode just use the on-screen option in order to do a full data and cache wipe.
    • Then go to the “Install from SD Card” and then select Amaze_Odex_1.36.351.5.zip or say the Amaze_Deodex_1.36.351.5.zip respectively and then wait until it will flash the ROM on your phone.
    • After the flashing is complete just reboot into the ROM and when you get the start screen just reboot the phone again.
    • Then you will have a pre-rooted ROM on your HTC Amaze 4G.

You can Root HTC Amaze 4G On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Permanently With ‘One Click Root’ This is basically a One Click Perm Root tool and it has be found working well and it can root your phone and it can stay rooted even you do a multiple reboots. I will also like to inform you that this root can be permanent or temporary depending on the state of your boot loader .I mean if it is locked than you will have to re-root every time when you reboot your phone and if it is unlocked then the root will be permanent even if you reboot it for several times.

In order to Root HTC Amaze 4G On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Permanently With ‘One Click Root’ you will have to make sure that you have the HTC Drivers as well as the One Click Permanent Root tool and you also have to make sure that you phone is charged well so it does not turn off in between after that just follow the below steps:
    • First Install the HTC Drivers on your computer in order to make the One Click Perm Root recognize your phone.
    • Then connect your phone to the computer and then just enable the USB Debugging on the phone by going in to the settings> Applications > Development.
    • After that search for the Zerg_Root_OneClick.zip and then launch the ZergRushTempRoot.bat
    • After that it will take some minutes and then your phone will be rooted
    • After that just reboot your device and its done.

You can also root your HTC Amaze 4G with One Click Perm Root tool. Just follow the below steps:
    • First Download and install HTC drivers on your computer.
    • Then Connect your phone to your computer
    • After connecting it just Turn on the USB debugging
    • And then Download the xboarder56’s One Click Perm Root tool.
    • Then Extract the zip file to C:\. And then launch the ZergRushTempRoot.bat.
    • The process will be completed after some minutes
    • After that Reboot your phone and then enjoy the full root access

I am new to this and I have some few questions regarding the same I am just looking for an answer for my following question:
    1. Why should we root Amaze 4G?
    2. Is it the only gain for custom ROMS and Apps which require root access?
    3. Does rooting help to overclock the processor?
    4. What is the advantage of having a custom ROM?

I will try to answer them through what I know about them:
    1)I don’t think that it is kind of must to root this phone as we have T-Mobile’s wifi hotspot app as well
    2)As far as I know Root is used to flash the custom ROMs, I mean it is used to remove pre-installed system apps, backup and restore user apps, apps, data etc.
    3) Yes rooting helps in overclocking the processor
    4) The advantage of custom ROM is that you can customize your phone without any carrier bloatware and you can have a clean build. Just fro eg there is some defaults app in the phone that you don’t use so you can remove them off
    Hope that helps.

Yes even I have rooted my Amaze 4G and after that I have experienced that the phone is giving me a better performance than before and I have also found that it is likely to be more faster and responsive as well and then best thing that I will say that I feel is the advantage is that it has tend to increase the battery life as well and I am really experiencing it but I will also like to suggest you that there is actually not a need to go for rooting but then if you want to try out something new than you can try it out.

The advantages of the rooting are as followed:
    1) Save Space on Phone Internal Memory
    2) Gives you a better battery life
    3) You can run the applications that need root access
    4) You can install custom ROMs
    5) You can get rid of the default applications that you don’t use
    6) You can install the themes that need root access

It also has some disadvantages:
    1) It has a risk where you phone can get bricked
    2) It voids the warranty of the phone
    3) If no warranty then future problem within the warranty period will cost you.
    4) There are possibilities that your battery life can get worse as well