Thread: Updating SSD firmware

Updating SSD firmware

Hi friends, I have the Intel SSD with 128 GB. Came along with HP laptop. I was not having any idea about the update of SSD firmware. I came to know that I will lose the data while I update the SSD firmware. I do not have the CD/DVD Rom, such that I can upload all my data on the DVD. The major problem was that the firmware update has to be run in DOS. I spent out almost half the day for creating the USB bootable drive. I was fail to download various DOS boot drive. I also tried booting from the windows XP CD but always I get the BSOD. I tried out many ways but it not worked for me. I came to know that firmware update adds TRIM support, so it then created further problem for me. please help me what can i do to update firmware without losing my data.

Re: Updating SSD firmware

Don’t be tense; it is very simple to update it. First make the bootable USB drive. And just grab all the utility provided by HP. Store it on to your system. Also download windows DOS which will find on the same page. also you can plug the external CD/DVD rom to store the data on the DVD. it will be more good for you. after storing on the DVD, it will be easy for you to update the firmware. even if you lose the data it will be secured on your DVD.

What you can do is, download the windows file system (DOS) from the web. Also you need to have the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Your system may not recognize the USB drive; my suggestion is to format the Fat32 or the BIOS. After that, update new firmware files on the drive. Boot it in to the DOS, finally run your firmware. It will be good for you

Make sure that the drive which shows up in BIOS should be in IDE mode not in the AHCI mode. Make the changes. If your laptop does not show any kind of option in the BIOS, to switch it from AHCI to IDE mode then the only option is to use another computer and do it in IDE mode. If only always shows AHCI mode then only make use of another computer. Otherwise change your mode from AHCI mode to IDE mode manually.