Thread: Range of MAC addresses for iPhone

Range of MAC addresses for iPhone

I heard that Apple has assigned iPhone devices a particular range of MAC addresses. If it true then please tell me the what is the range of the Mac address because i heard that with help of this i can secure my WLAN. For that i was trying to tracking MAC address range in my ways. But i have not found any thing. So if anyone know what is the range of the Mac address for iPhone then please tell me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jagadbandu; 08-11-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Re: Range of MAC addresses for iPhone

I have search through zour question and if zou are want to secure zour WLAN then i think zou should use the WPA 2 or the WPA wifi security. So that it will help you to provide the security. But i think MAC do not work on this, this is only work if you are having windows computer, windows computer can use wirelesskeyview on this machine. Using this you can recover wireless network.

I am also agree with the above reply, and I think it makes admin burden on the MAC. But if you are having WPA2 or WPA with radius server then you will not find any trouble with the MAC. So first check that you are having the WPA2 or WPA at the radius server then you can get address range. If you are having any other query then reply me.

You should have to do some setting for this. Go to the setting option and then in General click on the about scroll it to see the Wi-Fi address which is your iPhone MAC address. And put the correct address as on your wireless network and then again in to setting menu and click on Wi-Fi to check that it displaying your network and then at the end for connecting it click on the network. I hope this information may help you.

I was also wanted to do the same thing with my iPhone and i was i also trying to do this but it was not succeed Then i made contact with the Apple support system on this. I will advice you that If you are unable to find the MAC address range for your iPhone, then i think you should make contact with the apple support system on this. The Apple support team will help you to solve your issues.

I have found a tool called as MacLookup which is complete use for the iPhone to search the MAC address. You just have to enter the 6 digits of a unique number to track the devices on your network area. Using this you can also find the vendor or the manufacture of the network card and computer. I think you download this on to your iPhone, so that you can make it use of it. I am also using this on my devices and it is working fine.