Thread: Upgrade Possibilities of HP Pavilion DV6000

Upgrade Possibilities of HP Pavilion DV6000

I am using HP Pavillion dv6000 from last two years having two operating system named "Windows" and "Vista" installed on it. I want to upgrade the HP Pavillion dv6000. I want to know about the ways through which I can upgrade my HP Pavillion dv6000. I would be thankful if any one provides solution to this. What are the conditions or ways in which I can upgrade it?

re: Upgrade Possibilities of HP Pavilion DV6000

Steps to upgrade the hard drive are as follows:
    1. Unplug all the devices and cables connected and turn off from the socket.
    2. Lift the laptop and place it upside down so that back side of the laptop is closer to you.
    3. Push the battery release latch situated at the right side of the battery
    4. Rotate the laptop so the open’s side is closest to you.
    5. Remove the screws from the bottom of the hard drive. Lift and remove the cover.
    6. Grab the pull-tab toward the back of the hard drive bracket and pull the bracket back to disconnect it.
    7. Remove the hard drive bracket.
    8. Remove the six screws along the edges of the bracket.
    9. Place the new hard drive in the bracket and replace the six screws that hold the hard drive.
    10. Set the hard drive bracket in the lower part of the hard drive bay and push the bracket up to connect the hard .
    11. Place the cover back on the hard drive bay and replace the screws that fasten the cover.
    12. Rotate the laptop till battery bay is closest to you, then slide the battery into the battery bay until it clicks and locks into place.
    13. Turn the HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop right-side up.

Steps to upgrade the Memory module are as follows:

• Unplug all the devices and cables connected and turn off from the socket.
    • Lift the laptop and place it upside down so that back side of the laptop is closer to you.
    • Push the battery release latch situated at the right side of the battery
    • Rotate the laptop so the open’s side is closest to you.
    • Remove the screws from bottom of the memory module cover, then lift and remove the compartment cover.
    • Push the clips on the short sides away from the module. The memory module will move upward.
    • Lift and remove the old memory module and insert the new one into the slot.
    • Push the module down, causing the clips to move back toward the module and lock it.
    • Place the cover on top of the module bay.
    • Rotate the laptop till battery bay is closest to you, then slide the battery into the battery bay until it clicks and locks into place.
    • Turn the HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop right-side up.

You can upgrade RAM into HP Pavillion. Upgrading Ram according to your system specifications will provide better results. RAM speeds up your system performance and helps to get better performance within the time. Make sure that you are having the exact type of the RAM with the exact number of pins, speed that your system requires. Different HP Pavillion system require that you install RAM module in specific slot or slots if all the slots are not required.

You should check system requirements of your system against the specifications which are given by the company. HP Pavilion accepts most of upgrade card and hard drive. Check the computer slots to see how many slots or bay it is having. The common slots are Peripheral Component Interconnect which is used for upgrading cards and Advanced Graphics Port is used strictly for graphic cards. The new HP Pavilion which has PCI-Express port.

Take off the old card, drives etc. from your system which you intend to replace or upgrade by unscrewing them from drive cage. Regular upgrade should be given to card, drives etc. in the available slots and replace the screws. Place the drives and cards on a non-conducting surface or store them in an anti-static bag. So that it is not getting damaged. You also need some special equipment to install other type of drive such as SATA.
    Last edited by Cruzz; 08-11-2010 at 02:58 PM.