Thread: Dell Vostro laptop BIOS password problem

Dell Vostro laptop BIOS password problem

I am using a Dell Vostro laptop and the problem is with BIOS. I do not know what could have been the problem but when I try to enter the BIOS I am not able to as it asks me password. I do not know who did this. Other than that now I am not able to boot the system as well. I have to enter the password or else I am not able to to login to the system. Is there a way through which I can rest the password and then make it work as needed. Please help me out. Hope to get the solution.

Re: Dell Vostro laptop BIOS password problem

You can perform the task that is clearing the BIOS password or resetting them. All you need to do is to first try to locate the 3 pin CMOS password reset jumper well on the system board. As it is been done you have to remove the jumper plug from Pins 1 and 2. Now all you need to do is to plug the jumper to pins 2 and 3 and then wait for 5 seconds. Now replace the jumper plug on pins 1 and 2. This will basically reset the bios password that have been set. So check for the change and make it work. I am sure this will help.

There is a better solution which will help you out well for making the thing to be processed that is to reset the BIOS. You have to run the Image Restore. All you need to do is to restart the system and then press F8 continoulsy. You may then get a warning message hat is you will lose all your data and settings. Now in the boot menu you have to choose repair from advance boot option an hit enter. Then you may need to select the language an click on NEXT option.You have to give the administrator password if prompted. Then you have to click on Dell Factory Image Restore. now click on Yes to reformat the hard disk and then perform a restore to your system factory settings. Now if the suggestion do not work for you well then remove the cmos battery and the place it back after one minute. As this is been done all the password that is been set will be deleted. You may need the help of a technician as the battery is located on the board and a slight mistake will let the board to be damaged. So check out.

In order to get the things to be corrected you have to call Dell technical support. You can contact them by calling them on 800-624-9896. You have to provide system Id or service tag which would be needed to give your proof to be the owner of your system. As the validation is been done they will give you a master password. Now you have to type the master password and then hold the CTRL and enter key at the same time. Now this will basically clear all the password. I hope this will help you out well. Other than that there is a Backdoor BIOS Password which some of the manufacturer provides it. This is basically a password which works no matter what ever the password is been set. So check with the same.

Such problem basically is caused due to technical faults as electrical problem or due to inadvertence that is it could be that someone might have set it and forgot the password. In order to make it work all you need to do is to check out that is remove the CMOS battery by contacting a technician who knows well about laptop. This will clear the password and hence you may then be able to work with the thing that is needed. It will fulsh all the stored memory from it.