Thread: Apple Macbook: How to read file in Windows type CD-Rom drive?

Apple Macbook: How to read file in Windows type CD-Rom drive?

I am having a Apple Mac computer with the Mac OSX environment. I have a CD Rom drive which is used for the windows version. I don’t want to install and windows operating system on my Mac computer. By the CD Rom I can only able to see the text and the image in the Apple computer. Why is not fully support the Mac version? How to read the file of my Mac computer with the CD Rom? I tried this with one of my friend who is having the XP environment, and it reads with the perfect extensions. It only happens with the Mac computer. Any suggestion on this? Will be appreciated very much…

Re: Apple Macbook: How to read file in Windows type CD-Rom drive?

The problem will be sure for the windows CD Rom that you are having I suggest you to do the dual boot in your machine this will allow you to read the windows file in the Mac computer. for the dual boot on your computer you just insert the windows any version CD or the DVD in the CD Rom by using the build mode go to the process of the “imgburn”, proceed to the Advance tab option of the Window, select the DVD where your data is stored browse the file from the DVD and select it for the burning, it will create a image file of that file that you tried to read with the Mac CD Rom. I hope this will not create any problem regarding the reading of the file also this will not require any windows version operating system to read the file.

To read the file go to the information tab of the DVD where you keep the windows version file, it will proceed you to the source file of the DVD file, I think this one is by default in the UDF format, make sure that it is in that format, otherwise as per my knowledge this will not read the file by the CD Rom drive. Also you can also make an image file of the original file that you wish to explore form the windows version. For that you just simply have the windows DVD where you will get the information to create the image file. After the creation the image file you can then able to extract the file in your Mac machine and will explore it for the reading purpose.

I have a simple solution that will allow you to read the windows file in the Apple Mac CD Rom drive, for the you have to install the windows operating system in your computer. or you download the version of the windows in your machine and then install it with the proper specification to install the program. By respective create three folder in your primary drive c:\efi-iso c:\efi-exe c:\efi-dvd along with that install the oscdimg.exe and insert it into o e of the newly created folder c:\efi-exe.extract the iSO file in any extract software like the if you install the windows 7 then try it in the 7ZIP or WinRAR, instead of this process you can also do one think, just copy all the contents of the DVD and paste it into c:\efi-dvd folder. Type cd c:\efi-exe and insert it into the command prompt, the again type the following keyword it will help you: oscdimg -n -m -bc:\efi-dv
    d\boot\etfsboot.com c:\efi-dvd c:\efi-iso\server2008dvd.iso