Thread: Change Blackberry Messenger csv logs

Change Blackberry Messenger csv logs

Hello,

Question
    Does anyone whether it is possible to change a BB Messenger csv log and then have the changed version appear in your BB Messenger chat history?

Explanation
    When I connect my BB to my PC I can go to my History folder as follows: BlackBerry -> IM -> BlackBerry Messenger -> [my PIN] -> History.
    Here, I see csv logs of my Messenger chats. I can open them in Excel. I can even change words within the chat and then save the changed csv file.
    After doing this and disconnecting from PC, the particular chat does not appear on my BB Messenger anymore. All chat history for that contact person seems to be gone. The csv file is still there when I re-connect to my PC.

Basically, is it possible to change the 'history' of a chat by changing the csv file, saving it and still have it appear in the chat history on my phone?

Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry Peter; 06-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Re: Change Blackberry Messenger csv logs

I dont think that it is possible to change a BB Messenger csv log but if you want to disable the creation of the .csv files by using the following registry keys. To disable through the registry, edit the following registry keys by selecting Start > Run, typing regedit, and pressing ENTER:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\Backup Connector

64-bit Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\Backup Connector

Name: DisableBBMMessageAuditLogging
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 1

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\Backup Connector

64-bit Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\Backup Connector

Name: DisableBBMContactAuditLogging

Name: DisableSMSAuditLogging

Name: DisablePhoneCallAuditLogging

Name: DisablePINAuditLogging

Restart the BlackBerry Synchronization Service to have the IT policy settings or registry changes take effect.

Re: Change Blackberry Messenger csv logs

It's possible, i really try a lot of ways and programs to do it and finally i came with the solution and its really easy.

Connect your BB, open the *.csv with MFC WORDPAD file from the BB, don't copy the file to your computer, edit whatever you need to edit but don't modify the comas or the dates and hours, 'cause I don't know how to read the dates and hours, but YES, you can erase some entrances and close the file, it will ask you if you want to save the changes and done.

Hope this help, it worked perfectly to me.