Thread: Installing Office 2007 on iMac

Installing Office 2007 on iMac

I am using an iMac on which I would like to install the Microsoft Office 2007 full version which I am having right now. But since Mac OS X does not seems to be compatible enough with the microsoft products. Can anybody tell me that how can I install the full version of an Office 2007 on my iMac.

Re: Installing Office 2007 on iMac

Of course, Office 2007 is just any other Windows application on OS X does not like to install. Currently, there are very good offers for Mac Office 2004, since this spring Mac Office 2008 comes out. However, with NeoOffice, OpenOffice and iWork also for Macs enough alternatives to edit your Office documents can open and existing ones. And whom do you have a Intel Mac, there are also opportunities via Boot Camp, Parallels or VMWare to run natively on the Windows computer can be fusion, all Windows applications to install that too.

According to me, Bootcamp would be best option to run any windows based program on your iMac as bootcamp lets you install the windows operating system on your mac os x so ultimately your iMac would be having Windows OS installed on it so there is no question for running the window based program on it.

You can do it but so do like me, Boot Camp and install Windows and then install on your office. Boot Camp you need your Mac hardware that works properly (is on top of the OS X DVD) Or you can also put Parallels and then get Windows to install in a virtual environment and then install Office there. Then you do not have extra to boot Windows if you need your MS Office. I think the solution you've heard before. I have chosen the first option, since you have more to performance in Windows, and I also work with CAD needs and since we never have enough power.

I have seen it on news section of some website where it was stated that the Microsoft have released the versions of the MS Office 2007 which are not only compatible with the Windows computers as they have made it for the Apple computers as well. So I suggest you to get the apple version of an Office 2007 so that you do not have to tweak up much with your Mac OS X which might be a headache for you.