Thread: Dead MP3 player after unforeseen checkdisk

Dead MP3 player after unforeseen checkdisk

Hi all, I am using Philips GoGear MP3 Player. I bought it new last month. It was working fine for the month. I used to connect that to my computer to transfer music to my MP3 player. I am facing some problem with the MP3 player from yesterday. Yesterday, when I was copying some music files to my MP3 player from my laptop then suddenly I found that there was a crash of my laptop. I restarted the laptop and it started the chckdisk on my mp3. I let that happen and after that when I tried to start the MP3 player then I found that MP3player was not getting started. Many times I tried to start that by pressing the on button on it but that was just the waste of time. Can you tell me that what may be happen there? If you have any idea about this then please post your suggestion to me. Thank you.

Re: Dead MP3 player after unforeseen checkdisk

There is possibility that the firmware that your MP3 player uses get corrupted because of the chckdisk. And therefore it is not getting started. My suggestion to you is to search for the latest firmware that is available on internet. Download that to your computer and install it on MP3 player. This will solve the problem that you facing.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The memory card that you are using with the MP3 player may be corrupted. Just remove the memory card and try to start the MP3 player. See whether it is starting or not? If it get started then the problem was with the memory card. Connect your card with any other device or to your computer using the card reader and completely format the card. This will remove all the data from it. Insert that card back to the MP3 player and try to on that. If it is not getting on again then The only option that is left for you is to change the card that you are using. I wish that this will help you solve the issue with your MP3 player.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Have you checked for the battery? It may be problem with the battery that you are using. If possible then try to check the MP3 player with any other battery from other MP3 player, may be from your friends. See whether it is getting started or not? If it is started normally then you know that what you have to do. Simply replace the batter with the new one and if it retains that issue then you can go for the suggestion like firmware update and all. Good Luck!!!

Hi all, I am wondering so that anyone can help me to solve my problem. I am using a Sandisk 512MB MP3 Player. I bought it new last week and it was running without any issue till yesterday. But today when I tried to play some music from it then it says Don’t Booting, Can Not Start and after that it shuts off. I don’t have any idea about this problem. Can you tell me that what may be the problem with that? I tried few things from my side but that was not helpful for this. Please help.

As you told that you have bought it new. So I am sure that you must have the warranty card for that and it should be under warranty period. Just take that to the retailer from where you bought the MP3 player and ask them for the issue. They will either repair it or replace that with the new one. If they are ready to return that then you can go for the iPOD and you will find that it is more comfortable then the MP3 player and can store more music. This is just a suggestion, you can use what you like.