Thread: Samsung Galaxy S remove the new Vodafone apps

Samsung Galaxy S remove the new Vodafone apps

I have the Samsung Galaxy S in my pocket and the problem that it was facing in the initial stage was that it had a serious lag issue and in order to get rid of the same I installed the latest firmware after KIES. I was waiting for the updates to just come out and I wanted to try it on the mobile phone. Now after the update I have come up with more bigger issue, it (Galaxy S) is having the terrible Vodafone splash screen and accompanying that are another 7 unwanted and unneeded apps. The Vodafone splash screen appears whenever I switch on the mobile phone. In addition to that I also do not use the Vodafone 360 and hence there is not at all any requirement for the same on the phone. I do not need the Vodafone Web app as I have internet access. I do not need games as well as I rarely play games so the trial games also goes in the dust bin. How can I get rid of these applications of the Vodafone? Please get out of this guys, I will be really grateful to you.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S remove the new Vodafone apps

Well I do not think that you will have to have that much trouble from your side I have seen cases as this before and I would simply suggest you to stay calm and see if the Samsung Galaxy S comes up with some other updates that can help you in this matter in any manner. Well in addition to that I would simply suggest you to roll back to the previous version of the updates that you had on your cell phone. I think that if you were not having any problem there then you will be able to get rid of the same with the previous scenario. Try doing that and let me know if the uninstallation of the current firmware update helped you in any manner. I will be looking for your further replies.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Let me tell you that you are not the only one that is having the similar kind of problem here. The exact scenario was faced with the customers of the HTC Desire owners. They went for an update and after that Vodafone simply left the Vodafone branding and other unwanted applications on their mobile phones and the applications were unwanted as well as unremovable. Well on the first sight it was observed that it was due to the froyo 2.2 update but later it was seen that it was not the culprit behind this disaster. After a lot of complains and responses from the angry customers they promised to give a fix and that they told that the applications will become removal after the further updates. Now I am also looking for the updates to come. Now you have also came up with the exact scenario and I hope that they will come up with the updates for the same sooner. Till then I can only suggest you to wait.

I am also here to join the queue. Well I am also stuck with the similar situation. Why is this rubbish thing on my Samsung Galaxy S? Well if it has already happened with the HTC Desire then why have they repeated the same here, with the Samsung? I tried asking the same to the tech support and they said that as a remedy they are soon going to release the firmware update. My only question to the whole scenario is that if they knew the same thing has happened before then why did not they issued the notice and why is this happening with the Samsung Galaxy. Also why are they not coming with the updates on the high speed? Please ask them to soon launch the updates so that the situation can be tackled and the unwanted applications can be removed. Or is there any other solution that you will suggest.

If at all you can not wait for the updates from their side then I would simply suggest you to have the roll back of the firmware. Or I would suggest you to make use of the Kies so that the mobile phone can be upgraded so that we can de-brand JM1 firmware. In order to do so you will have to manipulate the computer registry. I am sure that it will help you in keeping the backup and restoring the apps as well as the previous settings on the Mobile Phone. Hope that this step will be able to get you out of the situation.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As the basic step of diagnosis I would simply suggest you to Reset the mobile phone. Well before doing that please take care of all the data that you are having on the mobile phone. Also in addition to that I would suggest you to first go for the Soft Reset and if that does not help you with the situation then go for the Hard Reset. I think that if anything else does not help you with the situation of yours then it will be the best thing that you should go with.

While going for the update via Kies please take care of the following things and p[lease see that you do not miss on any step:
    • First place the USB connection mode on your phone to Kies
    • Then hook up the phone to the computer in Kies mode
    • While doing so see that the PC notices phone
    • After that start on Kies
    • Now open the firmware upgrade program
    • Once the program is launched you will get a message saying that the JPC firware cannot be upgraded. Now shut the firware upgrade box but let the Kies run nad also let the phone be connected to the PC. Now type regedit in the Run box on your computer and search for the key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB\X]
    • Amend the following key values as shown below
      • SoftwareRevision=I9000XXJF3/I9000OXAJF3/I9000XXJF3/I9000XXJF3
      • ProductCode=GT-I9000HKDXEU
      • HIDSWVER=I9000XXJF3/I9000OXAJF3/I9000XXJF3/I9000XXJF3
    • After all the above steps re-open Kies firmware and now the phone will be recognized as JF3 and will present the official JM1 upgrade.
    • Then do the factory wipe.

See if this can help you.