Thread: WiFi no longer working in zune player

WiFi no longer working in zune player

Few days back my zune media player stopped connecting to the internet.. And also was not able to run any of the applications that require an internet connection. Instead of searching for any available networks so that it can form any connection but it was simply not ready to search for any networks at all. If I load any application, it just loads it without any progress and the same thing happens with the browser. I have already tried erasing the software and re-install it but it has not helped me at all. I have made sure that the wireless connection is turned using the settings tab, but nothing helped me.. Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appreciated...

Re: WiFi no longer working in zune player

I had the same problem with my zune media player. I found one solution on this which i will be explaining you now. You can first check in the Device Manager to ensure that it is working properly. You may also have to make sure that you have the most recent drivers for that interface. If it is showing as working in "Device Manager" and also if you have the most updated drivers then the issue may be related to the corrupt files in the TCP/IP stack. If this is the case then simply uninstall the TCP/IP stack and reboot and again reinstall it. If still it is having the same problem then you have to replace the WI-FI device...

Hey you can try for pressing the left arrow button, upper center button and the Play/pause button ( It simply acts like control alt delete for your Zune media player ) all at the same time so that all the buttons are pressed one at a time and they can be used to reset all the functions properly.. I had the same problem with it but when i tried it on my own, it reset it. And i think it simply formats the settings and everything from the device.. It works!!!

Hey you can check for the wifi settings again. Because if your system is working properly then naturally the problem is with the wifi setting. I think that the issue is somewhere related to wifi connectivity. You can also check the settings of wifi in your device. This is because even if the settings are proper in the wifi modem but if their is any problem with the device settings then you have to rectify it.. I hope you understand what i am saying... And once you make sure that both of these settings are proper than you can use the wifi connection on your portable device without any issue...

You can try resetting the router to their default settings. Then you can try to log on to the internet.Now if you are able to get connection means their was some problem with the router settings.. Most of the routers have a small hole next to the power line so that we can reset the router when their is a need for doing so.. After checking everything, if you still cannot connect to your network but able to connect to another networks then there is some security setting issue within your computer which is blocking the internet connection... These kind of problems can be due to malware/virus on the computer or a firewall setting which is blocking everything..