Thread: Zune media player Songs stuck on "Opening..."

Zune media player Songs stuck on "Opening..."

Few days back i bought my new zune media player.. It worked fine for few days after i bought it but now when i try to listen to the songs or when i just open the audio file the file shows some error message and that particular song gets stuck.. Some 2-3 days back i had transferred some media files in the portable device .. I don't know whether the problem is actually with the songs which i transferred into my device or whether it is due to software or due to any hardware failure.. Please give your suggestions over this... As i am frustrated due to this...

Re: Zune media player Songs stuck on "Opening..."

I think the issue is with the software which is installed in your media player. As long as the software is properly updated with the latest version of software the applications which are supported by this software works fine but the moment any of its file gets corrupted due to any reason it stops working. So the first solution will be updating the software of the media player and keeping it upto date as the software is likely to get corrupted even by a small bug which is present in it..

According to me, the moment you transferred the media files from your computer to your portable media player the problem arised from that moment itself. This is because when any media file is corrupted and if you attempt to transfer this virus infected file into your portable media player then these virus infected files tries to damage other files which were previously safe.. So just scan your system with an anti-virus utility and check whether any files is infected by the virus. If their are any infected file then please delete those files.

I am having the same problem with my zune media player, and songs which i try to open it gives some kind of error message and gets stuck. The software will be able to sign into the Zune network but only periodically.. And after signing in the zune network, it is unabled completely to load any kind of song.. .This seems to be part of a larger problem involving my Zune software connectivity, as well..When i am not able to connect, it notifies that a firewall may be blocking the connection and creating such issues. Hope i get some good solutions from you guys..

I think their is some software problem with the media player. This is because as you try to open the song you are not able to open the file and also you get an error message regarding opening of the audio file. If possible try to scan the computer and check for any corrupted file. Simply format your media player including all your applications and data.. And after that you can again reload all the softwares in your device..