Thread: Unable to connect blackberry to mac

Unable to connect blackberry to mac

Hello friends, I am in some serious problem, I have a Macbook that I am using a for few weeks now and , i am using this without facing any problems. Last few days ago I had purchased a new blackberry and it was just yesterday that i connected it to my Mac for transferring the files and found out that the Macbook was unable to detect the Blackberry. Before this I had a Nokia phone which I can connect it with my Macbook without facing any kind of a problem. Can some one tell me what kind of problem is this. Does Macbook doesnt support Blackberry or its something else. Pleas some one help me to overcome this problem.

Re: Unable to connect blackberry to mac

First of all have you installed the Blackberry software onto the Macbook, if not then you have to first install the Blackberry Pc suite Software onto the MacBook and only then you will be able to transfer the files from it. If you have already installed the Pc suite and than also you are not able to connect it to the Macbook then it might be that there is some kind of a software problem. So you can also try to update the software and see if it works for you. Also, see to it that the cables you are using are properly connected to the MacBook. Please see to it that the usb is connected properly to the the MacBook otherwise it can be a problem for your device, so please be careful while plugging it into the system.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 03-11-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey even I have brought a new Blackberry curve just few days ago and even I was not able to connect it to my MacBook. After finding various solutions, one of my friend told me to download a software that will enable me to connect my Blackberry to my MacBook. So I downloaded the software and then tried connecting the Blackberry to my Macbook but again I got the same result. A error message came that said "Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping." I removed and again reinstalled the software but unfortunately I am getting the same result. I really want to install some music and videos from my Macbook but since I am not able to connect it, it is really irritating for me. Please help me out with this.

Instead of breaking your head and doing some formatting ,why dont you go through some general solution and see it any one those works for you. For this you can
    • Try Reloading the software
    • Load software from website or from other sources that you will find. It can be that one of them might be corrupted.
    • Download driver updates to make your MacBook repond to any new changes.
    • Go to various sites in search of Blackberry and Mac customer support where you can find some suitable ideas for you.

If nothing works for you than you must reset your blackberry and mac to check if it works or not. Otherwise you have some serious problems with Backberry and has to be repaired or replaced with a new one

I also had the same problem which you are facing currently and would like to share my experience with you of what I did to overcome this problem.
    First of all Uninstall Pocket Mac using the included unistaller on your MacBook..
    Than you have to make sure that both the USB drivers were removed Restart
    First Install the USB Drivers (DriverUpdate.3.1.1.dmg) these are high speed USB drivers that mac generally needs.
    Connect your Blackberry curve to your Macbook
    Open AppleMenu/About This Mac/More Info/USB verify that you see RIM Composite Device (This means your Mac is seeing the device)
    Install PocketMac 4.1.25 onto your Macbook
    Now disconnect your Blackberry.
    Finally Restart your MacBook.
    After you have gone through the above steps you should try to sync contacts alone first and then go for syncing musics or videos etc..

Hey you can also check out this solution and see if it can solve your issue. I have got this from my friend who had a similar problem as you are facing.
    Firstly before doing anything, I would advice you to please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the driver to completely get released.
    Please search for the following file on your Macbook: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

Now you have to locate two files that start with Blackberry which is inside the "Extensions" folder, Don’t panic if you will see a large number of .kext files. Just keep on scrolling down until you locate the files.

Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

Please restart your Macintosh Computer once you have installed the driver .

Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry and you will enjoy transferring the files which you want.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's