Thread: Trackpad right-click drag & drop work in Windows

Trackpad right-click drag & drop work in Windows

I have got the new MacBook Pro and the thing is that I am really excited about the same. I am even excited about the trackpad that is present on it. Now on the MacBook I have the Windows 7 and the thing is that it works well on the MacBook Pro. Now I just want to explain the problem that I am facing with the MacBook Pro. Well on the notebook I do not have the Mac OS and I have the Windows 7 as the only operating system. Now the trackpad works fine, but there is little issue with the Right Click of the same. I do not have any issue with the double click but when it come to the right click the laptop just does not responds. What could be the possible reason for the same? Is there anything that I am missing on this occasion? Please help me in this situation. Any help in this particular situation will be appreciated.

Re: Trackpad right-click drag & drop work in Windows

Well from the scenario that you have presented me above I think that you will have to install the Windows 7 again on the system. The thing is that you must have missed on some of the installation steps and it will be better if you can have the thing installed on the system again. Well if you need guidance then you can just see the following thread that will guide you in installing the Windows 7 on the Mac Book Pro. Just have the clean installation of the same and try the thing again on the system. I am sure that this time after the clean installation you will be able to get the thing in that manner that you want. Hope that you will get the thing this time. Here is the link for the thread : Install Windows 7 on MAC PRO

Well I do not think that there is anything wrong with your installation of the Windows 7. But I think that if you will have the clean installation of the Windows 7 then we will be able to judge from where the actual problem is arising. Well from the scenario that you have presented at the moment I do not think that we will be able to make out anything. Also making some of the Apple hardware’s with some other operating system is also a very complex task and I think that it should be done under the proper guidance so that it may not cause any trouble in the future. Just have the clean installation of the Windows 7 on the system and let us know what difference it brings to the current scenario of yours.

I think I should have added more words to the first post of mine. I even do not think that the reinstallation of the Windows 7 is really going to bring any difference. The thing is that when I use the External mouse I have seen that the external mouse runs well with the MacBook Pro with the Windows installed on the system but when it comes to the track pad I have seen that the Mac Book Pro looses on some of the functionality. Now I am getting the feeling that this thing (track pad) of the Mac Book Pro is not at all supported on the Windows 7 and I think I will have to install the Mac OS X if I want to use it completely. Also I think that I will have to keep the external mouse with me if I will have to use the Windows 7. Please let me know if I am correct. Is there anything else that you all want to suggest me so that I can have the Track Pad in the working scenario?

In the critical situation of yours I think that the updates of some of the drivers will really help you in gaining control of the same. Well the thing is that you have not mentioned the version of the operating system that you are using at the very moment. I mean to say that you have not written the bit version of the Windows 7 either 32 bit or the 64 bit; if you would have written then I would have given you the link for the same. I just want to conclude that the Apple has written the drivers for both the version of the Windows and I think that will help you in gaining the control of the Track Pad. Visit the official site of the Apple and I am sure that the drivers will be there waiting for you so that they can play their role in the in the Mac Book Pro.

I am also having the same problem. Well I have both the Mac OS as well as the Windows 7 on the system and the scenario is exactly the same. I have to use the external mouse to so that I can perform the right click operation or drag and drop an item. When ever I try to drag and drop an item I have seen that it simply comes up with the context sensitive menu at the target even before releasing that particular item. I think that it is a very important thing on which the Mac Book Pro is missing on the Windows 7 mode. I really need this functionality on the Windows 7 and any help in the same matter will be appreciated. Had no problem when I was using the Vista. Please come up with some suggestions.

In your case I can simply state that the issue is of the drivers just pay a visit to the official site of the Apple and see if you can find the perfect kit of drivers for you. It was also suggested in the previous post Crespin and I would also suggest you the same. See if that can help you in any matter. And if that at all does not help then I think that it will be better if you can have the clean installation of the Windows 7 on your system again so that the problem can be rectified.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's