Thread: No Number Lock on the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard

No Number Lock on the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard

See I have the Apple MacBook and the thing is that I have recently updated the System and have got the new Bluetooth keyboard for the same. Well the thing is that I have Bluetooth iMac keyboard and it works fine with the Mac OS X. Well the older wired keyboard was also working fine with the same, but the point is that it was also working fine when it was the Windows. In the case of the new Bluetooth keyboard I have seen that it fails to work on the Windows. The good news is that it works partially. Only the Number keys are not working in the Windows mode. The parallel numbers keypad simply cannot run in the Windows mode. I do not think that I have anything wrong while setting up the Windows in the MacBook or else I would have got the error. Please any solution in this matter will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: No Number Lock on the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard

Well it is true that if you would have done something wrong with the setup up of the windows then you would have got the error while launching the same. Well I have never come across the situation as that you are talking and I think that I will have to have a closer look at the scenario of yours. The Bluetooth keyboard that you are using is actually for the Apple and I think that in order to run that thing in the Windows mode you will be required to have the updates for the same. Just pay a visit to the official site of the Apple and see if there is room for something like that. See if that can go in the way that you needed to have. It will be nice if you can have a look at the same.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also of the same opinion. Actually the things that run with the Apple do not usually run with the other Operating Systems. If they run then they lack something and because of which the error for the same arises. You will have to have the drivers so that the thing can work in the compatible mode. Also in the mean time you can visit the official site of the Windows and see if they can also help with the same scenario. Hope that you will find something that is valuable in your case. Please post if anything helps as a remedy.

Well if there is no help from the either side then I think that you will have to ask about the same thing to the Apple tech support. Just see if they can help you. Actually the things is that when it come to the products that are made by Apple then the tech support of the same are the persons that can help you in the best possible manner. Just ask them and let us know what they said about the same.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would just suggest you to reinstall the operating system on the MacBook . Well I even do not think that there would have been any problem from the Windows side or with the installation, but the thing is that this is the only last option when everything else fails to response. Just go for the reinstallation and see if that solves the issue. For assistance you can just see the thread below: Install Windows 7 on MAC.

Stuck with the similar situation. Well the case is that only the numeric key at the side are not working and I want that thing to work. Well the thing is that as I have the alternate ready hence my work has not stopped but the only thing that has made me worried is that I can not always work like that. I will need to have the solution for the same as soon as possible. I am of the opinion that the num keys have been locked and hence they are not working. Please tell me how I can unlock the numeric keys. Thanks in advance.

Stuck with the similar situation. Well the case is that only the numeric key at the side are not working and I want that thing to work. Well the thing is that as I have the alternate ready hence my work has not stopped but the only thing that has made me worried is that I can not always work like that. I will need to have the solution for the same as soon as possible. I am of the opinion that the num keys have been locked and hence they are not working. Please tell me how I can unlock the numeric keys. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot Antonio. I am having the White Extended Apple Wireless keyboard and the Clear key simply worked in my favor. I did not know that the Clear key is the one that can help me in gaining the solution. I had no idea regarding the same. Now the thing is that I can work seamlessly know and without much issues. Thanks a lot guys hope that this will not cause any more trouble in the future