Thread: Blackberry 9700 OS upgradation failed

Blackberry 9700 OS upgradation failed

Using my Blackberry 9700 bold mobile phone from last one year. And running 5.0.0.321 Operating System platform 5.1.0.90. After using this OS for almost one year, i decided to upgrade my OS to the latest of operating system. But when i tried it to upgrade it through the PC using blackberry software, it failed to upgrade the software in my phone. It showed me an error message that you cannot upgrade this operating system in your blackberry 9700 mobile phone.. I am really tensed now.. As i want to upgrade the software(operating system) in my Blackberry 9700 Bold mobile phone. Can anyone please help me out to solve this upgradation related issue.

Re: Blackberry 9700 OS upgradation failed

You should try to do upgrading manually.. You can try downloading the latest software on the official site of Blackberry. Also remember that do a backup of your device first.. It is simple, using your Desktop Manager -> and then "Backup". Close Desktop Manager when the task is completed.
    Following are the steps which you can follow to get your work done..
    • Try and download the latest Operating System file from internet to the PC and then install it on your PC simply by running the file you have downloaded.
    • Then go to 'c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader' and then delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    • Plug in your BlackBerry 9700 mobile phone and after that double click on "Loader.exe" file..It is located in the same place as the 'vendor.xml' file.

I tried to download the file from the internet and also installed it on the computer. And as suggested by you i tried it all by doing manually but still not found any way to solve this out.. I then tried it to upgrade by deleting the vendor.xml file but i still have the same issue with it. Even after downloading the latest version of operating system i am unable to get a solution for this.. So can anyone please give me a proper solution over this.. Please help!!!

The following is the information about the software which you are going to download in your system..
    Package Version: 5.0.0.1149
    It consist of :-
    • Applications : 5.0.0.680
    • Software Platform : 5.1.0.160
    • File name : 9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1149_PL5.1.0.160_A5.0.0. 680_Hutchison.exe
    • File size: Some where around 128.04MB..

You can download the latest software(Operating System) for your Blackberry mobile phone by simply visiting the site given below..
    Note: You will be visiting the official Blackberry site. So you have to follow a process in order to get your work done. Also you have to give in your details for their records..

If you all want to upgrade your blackberry 9700 bold mobile phone then simply follow the steps given below:
    • First of all try and install new "BlackBerry Desktop Software" on your Windows computer..
    • After that install the new "BlackBerry device software" on your Windows computer.
    • Then you can visit the blackberry official site for knowing the exciting features of the this software.
    • After that, please Connect your BlackBerry 9700 bold smartphone to your Windows computer using USB cable that usually comes with your BlackBerry smartphone. After you do this, your data will be backed up independently as part of the upgrade process.

After completing the process, please Confirm what version of software your smart-phone is having by simply going to Settings->Options->About from the main menu of your blackberry mobile phone.