Thread: Windows Unable to Connect Printer on Mac

Windows Unable to Connect Printer on Mac

Hello, I have the windows vista operating system. I have the problem with my shared printer. I am unable to connect the printer from my windows machine to my Mac book. When I try to connect the printer to the Mac book, display shows nothing. I don’t have the any idea that how to connect the printer to my Mac book. I am able to share it to my XP machine, but can’t share with Mac’s. I want to enable my Mac to print to the window printer.

Re: Windows Unable to Connect Printer on Mac

To connect the printers to the Mac, several settings should have to be followed. On the windows operating system, go to the control panel select programs and features option. Turn the windows features on or off. Turn the LPD protocol on and then ensure printers are shared. Also on the mac in first step go to the start applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility. In Second step hold down the option key and click the More Printers button. Third step is from the top menu select the “advanced” menu. Fourth step, from the "Device:" field select "LPD/LPR Host or Printer". In the "Device URL:" lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName. And finally click the add button.

Search again for the windows printers. The problem may persist due to inconsistent search. You cannot use the driver made for the USB, can use only for the printers. Play station is the only thing I want to do is share the windows printer. On the windows, install the LPD application. It seems to alter the Share Name of the printer.

Why windows Unable to Connect Printer on Mac, because to print from your Mac system to your windows personal computer you need the following: first check the name of your personal computer. Secondly the printer do share name as displayed on your windows personal computer. Make sure there should not be any spaces between the user names. Thirdly your user name and password set on your windows system. It only set up if Mac successfully connects to the network printer, it will prompt you for a registered user name and password to connect.

I was also having the very same problem, what I do is. I downloaded bonjour for windows from Apple web site. After downloading install it into your windows. It helps to make Mac a printer server and it allows windows to attach it. Printers are logically the other device that it does not like to share on two different systems at the same time. With the help from it you will able to print from both your Mac system and from windows system at the same time. Bonjour is a great fix for the problem.