Thread: iPod touch not able to sync audiobook

iPod touch not able to sync audiobook

I am using 2nd generation iPod touch on which I have recently installed the update of iPod software. But after the update I am not able to sync audiobooks from iTune to iPod touch. When I open iTunes and click on the Book option which is there under Library on my laptop I am able to see list of all the audiobooks and able to play them on my laptop. But when I am attempting to sync the iPod by manual selecting the audiobooks there is no such list present to sync from. So if anyone using audiobooks on their iPod and able to sync that with iTune and iPod please let me know the solution and procedure which you are using to sync your ipod.

Re: iPod touch not able to sync audiobook

I think you are not following proper way for syncing your ipod touch to iTune because of which you are not able to sync the audiobooks. You can follow below mentioned steps and see if it works for you to resolve the sync problem :
    • Just connect iPod touch to your laptop and open iTunes.
    • After that in iTunes select device as iPod touch from the sidebar.
    • After the device selection organize the sync settings in the Book settings. Move downward there you will able to see your audiobooks.

In my case I am only able to see the books to see is the iBooks and able to sync but not able to sync audiobooks which are present in iTune. Still I tried to do something to resolve it and get the audiobooks on the iPod touch as:
    • Created new playlist in iTunes as File > New Playlist and names as audiobook.
    • Now move to Books in iTune and double click on the audiobook to open and view all the tracks.
    • After that go to Edit > Select All and pull the stuffs to new playlist that is created then sync your iPod touch.

You can try similar which might resolve your problem as well. But the only disadvantage is that audiobook will be a playlist in the music sector on your iPod touch but it will be there in sequence.
    Last edited by Lambard; 02-11-2010 at 07:55 PM.

I think this issue can be because of your laptop which is not able to sync the audiobooks through iTunes in your iPod touch. I think you need to visit to the Apple store for the solution if you are not able to solve it by any of the solution provided. This can be the last and simple solution which you can have to resolve the issue, i think they will simple perform some setting to your iPod touch after which your problem will surely resolve. Lastely let me know if the problem is resolved and the solution which they have used to resolve.