Thread: Persistent Wifi reduces Battery Life in iPod touch

Persistent Wifi reduces Battery Life in iPod touch

I am using the iPod touch from a long time to stay connected to the wifi when I am asleep and can receive the incoming VoIP calls and the notifications from the compact-able third party apps and the push mail service. There was not a problem with the OS4.0 and the battery life was very good in these but when I upgraded the OS from the OS4.0 to OS4.1 the battery life of the iPod touch has reduced to a large extend so what is the problem and how can I overcome these problem any suggestion on the topic will help to resolve the issue.

Re: Persistent Wifi reduces Battery Life in iPod touch

Before going to the solution please tell me that when you have upgraded to the iOS 4.1 and is these OS is working well or not. There are also chances that the battery is not fully charged or there is a problem in the battery of the ipod touch so you first need to check the battery properly and charge it from another charger to see the changes.In addition to that you also need to check what is the time for which the ipod is running when you once fully charged it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I also suffered a lot form the problem that you have mentioned above and got the solution by turning off the location services and the push notifications. In addition to that you also need to turn off the calendar invitations and the push push/auto-fetch email. To do these you need to go in the particular application settings and then in the settings turn off the service which are running through the wifi connectivity; do the same for all the application and then you will see there is a increase in the battery life and you will get a better battery performance in the iPod touch that you are using.

The problem that you have mentioned above can be resolved by iTunes itself. You just need to restore the iPod with the help of the iTunes which will resolve the problem vey easily. You just need the latest iTunes software for that and you will get the restore done. If the iTunes are not available then you can go for the alternative method which does not require the iTunes for restoring the ipod touch. You just need to have the iPW and the original 1.2.1 firmware which will restore the settings; this will resolve your problem and increase the battery life in many ways. You can also restore the iPod to factory settings via the iPod itself which is another method by which you will be able to recover all the battery life for your ipod touch.