Thread: Jitter with docking station after update to OS 4.1

Jitter with docking station after update to OS 4.1

I have been using iPod touch 3G with memory of 64 GB for couple of month now I was very happy with it as I just used it for listening to the music. But when I recently got digital docking station for my ipod touch from the market which is Onkyo ND-S1, I must tell you the sound quality is excellent as I used to listen music for long hours. But recently I heard about the latest version for my ipod touch 3G so I updated the OS from current 1.3.3 to latest 4.1after which I am having jitter problem while playing on the docking. So I want to know what is the problem of jitter occurring and solution for the same problem.

Re: Jitter with docking station after update to OS 4.1

I think as you mentioned that you updated the OS for your ipod from 1.3.3 to 4.1 the problem may be with the latest version of the OS. I think you should try to move to the previous version of the OS which might solve jitter problem which you are facing with the docking station. I think you should reset your ipod to the factory setting and after that try to use the docking station again after which your problem might solve. This will resolve your jitter problem other than this you can go to the apple website to get the more appropriate solution for this jitter problem with docking station.

I think nothing wrong with the latest version of OS 4.1 as it is latest so it can not have any such problem. The latest OS version is much advance and have latest features because of which their can not be as such problem with OS. I think you can go for other docking station for your ipod touch 3G which are there in the market such as Wadia 170i and a Musical Fidelity V-Dac. You can go for any of the above suggested docking station using which might avoid such jitter problem in your ipod touch 3G.

I am having similar jitter problem with my Onkyo ND-S1 docking station after i updated the OS to 4.1. I have use this dock station for two to three week it was working great but when updated the OS problem is created, i can listen music through headphones and in this sound is perfect there is no such issue of jitter. So i am think there is problem with my Onkyo ND-S1 docking station i want to know that can this problem be fix or i have to move to some other docking station for my ipod touch 3G. As suggested in above post which i can go for to avoid the jitter problem with my ipod touch.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are not able to get the proper solution for your problem with Onkyo ND-S1 docking station on OS 4.1. The last thing you can go as a solution can be full factory restore to your ipod touch 3G and then you can use the dock set to 'Autolock' mode from the list of options in settings to never, which will surely resolve your problem with the jitter which you are facing when you are using latest OS 4.1. As going for another dock station will cost you some money.