Thread: Problem in Windows 7 iTunes installer

Problem in Windows 7 iTunes installer

I am having the windows 7 as the operating system and the Intel core i3 as the processor and using it successfully from the last few months. The thing here is that I am facing an unusual problem in the iTunes. Actually when I try to install the iTunes I am getting this problem, it is nothing but during the installation a error messages pop up and the installation stops. The error message that pop is out of my knowledge actually it saying that "Could not open key: UNKNOWN/Components..." I am not able to understand the problem as well as the error. Please help me in solving the problem

Re: Problem in Windows 7 iTunes installer

To solve the problem you have to follow the below steps:
    • First of all click on start button and then open the RUN window.
    • After that you have to type regit in it and click ok
    • It will open the Registry editor from the windows.
    • And then select the current version from it.
    • Then you have to open Microsoft.
    • After that you have to open the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”
    • And then open the installer in the numbered format.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to navigate the same folder which is giving you the error through the registry editor. The folder that is giving you the error will help you to solve the problem in this case. The thing is that you have to access the same folder and then what is exact problem associated with it and then try solve the same with it. I am sure that if you will go to the Registry edit than it will help you to the steps properly and I guess later on it will not give any problem what so ever. And of you will receive the same problem then you have to visit the Apple service and place a complaint over there i hope that they will help you in this case.

I think you are facing this problem because the user account has restricted for some permissions. The thing is that if the full permissions are not allotted to the user then it is not possible for you to install the iTunes. So what you have to do is just uninstall the current one and install it again but before installing it you have to just change the account permissions, these permissions you can change through the user account profile. You have to edit the profile and grant all the rights to the user. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

As per me the installation process is not proper, the way that you are installing the iTunes may have some limitations and due to which you are getting this error. The thing is that if the installation is not proper than the system tends to give such errors. So what you have to do here is follow the perfect steps of iTunes installation on your system and make sure that you install the updated version of the same. For this you have to download the updated version from the official site and then try to install on your system. I hope that it will help you for solving the problem. And i assure you that this problem will not occur again.
    Last edited by Simond; 01-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital time for giving the solution, The thing here is that I am still not able to solve the problem. And due to it I am unable to install the iTunes in my system. I guess I have committed some mistakes during the installation, so please let tell me the proper installation process of the iTunes in my system. I hope that after installing the iTunes in a perfect way the problem will not come again. And of it will come then i will not install the same on my system. Please help me to get rid of the problem.

If you have to solve the problem than you have to follow the below steps:
    • In Windows Vista, on the Start menu, click All Programs, click Accessories and click Run. In Windows XP and Windows 2000, on the Start menu, click Run.
    • Type in Regedit and click OK (this takes you to the Registry Editor).
    • Click the reveal button (arrow or + sign) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    • Click the reveal button next to SOFTWARE under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    • Click the reveal button next to Classes.
    • Click the reveal button next to ".cdda."
    • Select the .cdda key in the left hand list.
    • On the File menu, click Export.
    • In the dialog that comes up, make sure the "Selected branch" button is selected for the Export Range.
    • Save the file with a name and in a location that will be convenient to find, such as "cdda settings" saved to the Desktop.

You can get rid of the problem by following the below steps:
    1. First of all find the heading OpenWithList."
    2. Then you have to right-click on OpenWithList.
    3. From the pop-up menu, click Permissions.
    4. Then you have to click the Add button.
    5. Then Select Users or Groups dialog .
    6. After that you have to click on the Click the Advanced button. A larger dialog also labeled Select Users or Groups opens.
    7. Then Click the Find Now button.
    8. Then a list pop up in that lists elect Everyone in the list of users.
    9. Click OK.