Thread: Dell U2711 - Color Calibration

Dell U2711 - Color Calibration

I have the Dell U2711 and I have seen this monitor and wanted to have the same so that I can use it for the photo work of mine. I just got one for me and I am happy having this one thing in my kitty. Now the thing is that I want to have some advice on the color calibration of the same. I had never this thing before but want to lay my hand on it. Any help in the same will be really appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Dell U2711 - Color Calibration

We will be very happy in helping you so that you can get the color calibration on the Dell U2711. The only thing that I want to know is what the operating system that you are using is. If you are having the Windows 7 as the operating system then you will not have to worry a lot about the situation. I have heard that it can handle the gamut monitor’s calibration natively or say in parallel way. Just let us know if you are having the Windows 7 and we will give you the steps with the help of which you will be able to calibrate the monitor.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I do not know if you are aware of the fact that there are some of the calibration devices that can help you to have the calibration of the monitor. I would suggest you to go with the Spyder3Express Monitor Color Calibration Device or if you want to have something else other then this then you can go with the Pantone hueyPRO Color Calibration Device. I think that I have given you something that you can start with. Just give it a try and let me know if that worked in your favor.

I have somewhat similar issue with the gamut monitor. I want to use Photoshop in such a manner that it displays the images and saves the images in the manner the image is seen in the Firefox. I want to have the same image as they are having on the RGB profiles. Well one more thing is that I am not sure about this and will be happy if that is possible. Please let me know if that is the case. Please guide me with the necessary steps. Thanks in advance.

I think I have the perfect thing that you are looking for tREYTON. Just follow the steps below and I am sure that you will be able to get the thing work on your system.
    • If the image is having the sRGB profile then convert that particular profile to the Monitor Profile.
    • After that simply assign the sRGB profile to the image.
    • Then try to export for web but do not use the embed color profile.

Once all this things are done then you will be able to see the images in Photoshop and Firefox in a identical manner and are also displayed identically.

Thanks for the quick response just wanted to in addition to this, what will happen if I do not save the image with the same RGB numbers. I tried the suggestion and was able to get the thing to some extent. Now I want to know something in addition. Now the problem is that I want to know how I can embed a sRGB profile in the image. I want to have this but I do not want to alter anything else. Please any further suggestions.

Well I think that the scenario is pretty clear. Well I was happy that you were able to tackle your problem to some extent. Now regarding the question that you have asked regarding the same RGB numbers, if you will not save the images with the same RGB numbers then they will not be displayed in the identical manner. It will be displayed differently and in different manner. Regarding the other question I think that you will have to wait for other members to turn up. Hope that they will give you more suggestions on the same.

I have made the attempt and I think I have made theh way for me with this. I was also having the same issue andafter searching for am hor or so I was able to get the things here. Just follow the steps below and I am sure that you will be able to get the identical result with the following steps:
    • If an image is having sRGB profile, renovate the profile to monitor profile
    • After successfully doing that allocate sRGB profile to the image
    • Now save with the current profile unchecked in the Save options, if checked then the numbers will be altered.

I am sure that this will really help you.