Thread: The network connection timed out while installing 4.1

The network connection timed out while installing 4.1

I am presently using a 3rd gen iPod Touch with 32 GB; through iOS 4.0 installed and are operating absolutely fine. I am now worried to install and update to the latest version 4.1 each time I synchronies my iPod, I have no problem while performing this installation. Actually the difficulty is each time when I concur to install this update iTunes install the update then as soon as it has just completed installation .later than about 4 minutes of its final installation and come out to be processing it provide me an mistake saying there is a time out error check out your internal setting of the computer and try once more.

Re: The network connection timed out while installing 4.1

As you are getting the issue at the time of installation it seems that it may be a problem which usually occurs due to the blocking of the firewall. Check out this may an issue if you are getting the issue which I have suggested you then you need to contact the apple servers. For the solution you need to shut down the firewall you are using then try to update the IOS 4.1. So you will be able to get your cell updated with this new os. I think this may be able to help you to get the desired solution. Try doing this.

I think this can be fixed by following these steps try doing this.
    • First of all backup your iphone data and then perform the restore process instead of using update function.
    • If possible then try to go on another USB port if you are using hub then connect your iphone to the computer directly.
    • In a few case you have to change your network connection by disabling after that you have to click on the update button to update.
    • If you are using any other device to update this operating system then you have to delete the most recent backup folder.
    • If you are using any antivirus software then remove it temporarily.

Use these steps to install the IOS in the Iphone
    • Go to the iphone application after this download and install from itunes 10 to the iphone.
    • Now download the ISO 4.1 from iphone software files for the device you are using.
    • Afetr this plug in your iphone into the computer and then synchronies the device with itunes.
    • After this select your device from the slide bar of the itune menu which will show you the information of your device.
    • Now press the alt key and click on the restore after these brows your os which you have downloaded.
    • After this you installation process will start and let it to be complete.

To install iso 4.1in iphone you have to follow the given steps below which will help you to resolve the issue in a better manner:
    1. To begin, you will necessitate iTunes. The edition shouldn’t matter but it would be finest to upgrade to iTunes 10 just to be on the secure side.
    2. Now you necessitate downloading the correct gold master for your equipment and save it on your laptop:
      • To upgrade your iphone go to the apple website and then select iPhone 4 and from there you can download this file.
    3. Now let’s in fact install iOS 4.1:
      • Plug in your iOS machine, and then tab above to iTunes.
      • In iTunes select the keys together alt+click on the ‘restore’ key, and then when promoted to find the folder select the IPSW folder we just moved to your laptop
      • hang around for almost 10 and 15 minutes for the fresh OS to be moved over.